Homemade Groundbait?????

lancslass

Wow !!! :D There are some great ideas here I would never have thought about. There is a local supermarket that makes its own bread I will give them a try. I've not used what I have made yet, hopefully I will give it a try at the weekend.

thanks again

lancslass

Dont forget the olf breakfast cereal. sugar puffs and rice crispies make splendid groundbait.

The most important for me is liquidised bread, that and a little hemp mixed in.... no telling what might pop along.

"Muddlin' along"

Hi Lancslass and welcome to AN. Nice to see another woman hooked on fishing. Look out lads one day we will rule OK!

An idea for a cheap bait is, cheese paste, next time you have some cheese that needs throwing out, don't! Mix up some short crust pasty, grate the cheese into it, chedder, stilton whatever you have. Knead well. Cheap but effective hook bait.

Oh, a couple of other things. 1, get your husband to take you river fishing. 2, I nearly always fish alone. My friends think I am mad but I love it, it's my 'me' time. I fish well into the night and have never had any problems down here in the South.

You should find that you are treated as just another angler.

Tight lines, don't worry about 'the one that got away' the day will come when it won't and believe me it will worth the wait. :)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Hi Lyn..Thanks for the encouragement, its good to know there is another lady angler out there.I've not seen any where I live. I think if more women gave it a try they would be less stressed up! You soon get used to handling the maggots :D

When the spring arrives I will definatly have a go on my own. I get fed up waiting for the men to take me!....

There are no river near by, but I would love to give it a go sometime

Thanks again

lancslass

welcome lancslass to A-NET.

as for groundbait try finely crushed dog biscuits, i find it attracts most species of fish, mix it with anything else you can find,the more attractants you put in, gives you a better chance of catching.

i cant believe no one has mentioned vitalin yet!

LL, this is a dog food which consists of corn flakes, maize etc. its about 5quid for a big bag, certainly cheeper than some of the groundbaits you get ready made.

i mix this with brown crumb, or what ever else i can find, and hoy this in after soaking it in water.

there are may methods to preparing vitalin, however, i just over wet it, and let it absorb some of the water, then i find it works a treat.

its quite a food rich heavy mix, so go steady with it should you use it over the winter.

HTH

CTF

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand