17.5lb severn Zander killed for the table

Tony 1

Andy again you have missed the point I was just applying the logic of your statement.

quote:

So tell me what is so constructive about mourning this Zander? The fish is dead and it won't come back.

Like I said, the boy has probably been spoken to already by someone. Unless the boy in question actually reads this thread or has it forwarded to him, there is nothing constructive to be had in going on about it

I am not saying one instance is worse than the other I was just applying your logic, in other words as I said before your logic is Dont bother posting about an issue unless the people concerned can read it.

[ 15. November 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Tony...you win. Clearly I just don't care or know enough to say anything about it.

I,m away for a nice bun and a cup of tea.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Andy did I say you don't care? no, because I know you do.

also you give in to easy :P

no sugar in mine, and I will have my bun toasted thank you

[ 15. November 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

I think that everybody agrees that needlessly killing fish is not desirable, but of course we all also agree that it is legal, and so being legal they have "techniquely" done nothing wrong.

morality is where the argument lies here.

Q.1. Did he kill it for the table as claimed?

If so was it morally right in this day and age?

It is certainly the truth that in this age of readily available food we have no need to hunt and kill our own food, but we do with game fish and with sea fish, but there seems to be an unwritten rule when it comes to coarse fish.

where the real difference is, I am not sure, but somewhere I find my self agreeing with the unwritten rule in coarse angling.

Q/2. did he actually take it as a prize fish?

Is this moral if he did?

well wether or not he took it for table or prize we may never know, but if it was for a prize then personally i do find it immoral as i think most of us would. That truly makes the killing totally needless and wouldn't like to think that this is the case.

lets not get to side tracked folks with persicution... after all he is free from blame in the eyes of the law and morally in the eyes of some, if not by others.

fat, stupid hobbit.