Guess the Weight

Rob Ward

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a Dace I caught at the end of October trotting on the Ribble, any guesses on the weight?

dace.jpg

That's made me feel really guilty now. That's the average size on many stretches of the Welland and I used to use fish that size as livebaits (I don't do it any more).

p.s. I think it's only about 7 ounces - unless you have truly colossal hands :-)

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Ah great anglers think alike! And all those muppets wonder why I use my catfish sling to weigh everything! Heres my PB Minnow of 11lb 1ozs that I weighed in it-

Beat you Budgie, here's one of 13lb 7oz caught on giant maggot!

Minnow.jpg

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Damn, I wih I'd taken a pic of the micro-minnow I caught yesterday while bleak-snatching on the Thames. It was about 1cm long - so probably getting on for double figures B)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

p.s. I think it's only about 7 ounces - unless you have truly colossal hands :-)

Or he could have very small hands! I reckon half of those 'big' barbel Ray Walton caught are only about 6-7lb, it's just his size that makes them look bigger. ;) (no offense Ray)

Or he could have very small hands!

Small hands... those were the words I was looking for :D

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

That is a mahoosive maggot Worms! But I dont think uor minnow should count as it has clearly been foul hooked on that giant meat hook!.............

12/0 Cox and Rawle mate :P would have been cleanly hooked but it was fighting off a double figure pike at the time and must have got snagged!

p.s I went on to use it for livebait for this colossal 45lb chub....net's made from an old tennis net and the rod and reel were from old Priory and Mitchell 12x showpiece replicas!...note the scarring near the dorsal fin from a BBC replica kingfisher.... Note the setting is on glacial till, those boulders were a bugger to walk across!

Teme45lbPriory.jpg

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

12/0 Cox and Rawle mate :P would have been cleanly hooked but it was fighting off a double figure pike at the time and must have got snagged!

p.s I went on to use it for livebait for this colossal 45lb chub....net's made from an old tennis net and the rod and reel were from old Priory and Mitchell 12x showpiece replicas!...note the scarring near the dorsal fin from a BBC replica kingfisher.... Note the setting is on glacial till, those boulders were a bugger to walk across!

Teme45lbPriory.jpg

A veritable leviathan Nick!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!