Smoking ban

Andrew

I have read this with interest but there are as always gaping flaws in the non-smoking opinions ( I am a non-smoker)

If we look at self abuse let us look no further than the devil drink alcohol which currently is proved to cause more road accidents than smoking, so in sane thinking one should firstly ban alcohol to avoid one of the most dangerous road activities :rolleyes:

I would be the first to agree that smoking damages ones health, but providing it is not effecting anyone else I can see no good reasons for banning it in cars.

Then we have to look at enforcement, the dear old plod have far to much on their plate already with real crimes, hell if I had a pound for every person I see on a daily basis driving with a phone clasped to their ear I could take a whole bunch of you on a damn good fishing holiday on a monthly basis. :rolleyes: And yes they do cause lots of accidents.

As I see it smoking tobacco is not illegal as it is sold openly over the shop counter and the government rakes in a hefty tax from it's sales so for politicians to stand up there saying they are protecting peoples health is a total load of rubbish, it is purely look at me what a goody goody I am I hate smokers. :D:o

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken at no point have I said that Tobacco revenue is higher than the NHS bill.

But a national patch scheme would cost less long term than all the advertising about how bad smoking is.

Thought when you were talking of Bullshine it was some sort of illegal hooch tbh.... :P:P

Someone said Government should legalize drugs and to that I have to agree. Then when all the little junkies come for their hit you catch them and deposit them on Anthrax Island for a year or two.

I do however like the tougher punishment.

I don't smoke but my wife does and she was shocked to find a £150 fine landing on the door mat one day when she was accused to have dropped a Cigarette butt......it turned out it was her sister. However, my wife is very careful nowadays.

My friend in the 90's went to America and asked for 20 Fags from a local shop........... :oops::oops:

Cory you're getting over excited. Guillotine indeed..............lol

I think that after they have nailed Tobacco the next target will be Alcohol.

probably not alcohol the parliament bars are not restricted to any particular times ,unlicensed and cheap ,the usual do as we say not do as we do of the powerful.

the cafes are cheap as well you cant have the powerful spending their trough money on food and drink how unreasonable and i think smoking in the commons isnt treated as harshly as the peons who dare to smoke at work or elsewhere decreed a non smoking area are

ridiculous thinking about it i cant see MPs not guzzling Cristal champers on the tax payer as they dream up new ways to get the last penny from them can you ,as for smoking how could you justify employing illegal south american's if it wasn't to eat any ash from fat cigars that fell on the floor! whatever next!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Cory you're getting over excited. Guillotine indeed..............lol
That was a stupid riposte to a stupid post.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

one i forgot, m p caught theiving from the public purse= string em up.

And like a common criminal the procedes of crime taken away from them, if they claimed for the " cleaning of a moat " cleaning the pigeon house, take the property they are with, :D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

You call me stupid...bah!!!

I challenge you to a Joust in York on Sunday....sneeky sneeky...read old english law.... ;););)

Love the banter.

No it was one of Barry's posts :P

Do you have a horse and a suit of armour you can afford to lose ;)

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

fight fight fight

Or rather joust joust joust

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I'd still have to say religion is on top of the heap in that catagory. If not at manipulating then certainly extrapolating "facts".
Didn't George Carlin do a skit about that?

fight fight fight

Or rather joust joust joust

Someone should shoot the camera man. 3 points is normally only awarded for unseating your opponent, but I didn't see any unhorsing.