Which seat box ?

craynerd

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen it in the flesh (so to speak), but Humberside Angling Centre (I think I've got the name right) do a seatbox for just under 40 squids + P&P, I've been tempted to buy one myself....

Has anyone seen/bought one of these?

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

You beat me to it Matthew. When I started fishing again I thought I had to have a box, (then I saw the cost!!) I was also worried cos there is no back support with a box. The answer was a collapsable chair from Asda. £5.99, as apposed to circa £300. The chair folds into it's own carry bag and fits down the centre of my quiver, so you don't know you are carrying it. very comfi.

Have a think Craynerd

a fish,a fish, my kingdom for a fish

I got fed up with the lack of comfort offered by a box so I sold mine with all the Octoplus scaffolding and bought a comfy reclining chair and a good rucksack. I have subsequently bought some Penrose attachments for the legs so that a feeder arm etc can be fitted when needed.

[ 28. February 2005, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Paul_D ]

Paul

Well at present i`m lugging a chair around with me, and also a rucksack, but its all SO unorganised, i`m messing around trying to find anything. I use to have a nice box a few years back when i first fished and i remeber it being much more organised.

Still fancy one...nothing too good, but nice enough!!!

I will have a think for a while

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Have you seen the Fox Box system (or similar) Chris? My rucksack is well organised for whatever type of fishing I'm doing on any particular day.

Paul

Fox Box System is expensive to start off on which one you get it is either at £52.59 where you get 2 x 8 compartment boxes, 1 x 4 compartment boxes, 2 x Flip Top Boxes, 2 x Rig Boards and 5 x Spool dispenser.

Or just the ordrinary System Fox Box Large will cost you £12.00. :)

But you need to work out how much stuff you want to carry :D and decide how many more Compartment System Fox Boxes you want buy! :D

But I would wait around June time when Fox will start distributing the new Double sides version where you can carry twice as much stuff as before! I believe it is called the System F Box :D

[ 28. February 2005, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Would the box on the For sale/wanted forum be any use, seller Seph...£150 ...he sent me a picture and it looks nice, although is it more for pole fishing?

Also have an offer of £80 for a Milo box, unsure on the model but its blue with red and white stripes at the top if that rings any bells, looks a nice tidy box, but slightly less solid and """pro"" looking than Sephs box ??!

Very confused :-S

Here fishy fishy.......

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Gone for Sephs Milo box, nice bit of kit for £150 imo and some of you recommended it before!

To all those who said don`t get one, sorry i take advice always BUT i really feel i would like one. Hope i use it!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......