Which seat box ?

craynerd

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, I find that adjustable legs on box or chair make a huge difference to fishing comfort, especially on rough riverbanks. Fixed platforms on commercial lakes are a different matter.

Against that, plastic boxes are pretty uncomfortable to lug around and there's a tendency to fill the buggers. Rucksacks are much more comfortable, but then you've got a hand taken up with lugging the chair!

Swings + roundabouts I reckon, but for river fishing when you're likely to move around I'd go for the box every time.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Glen

Now I am the opposite, I use a rucksack as most of my fishing is done on the rivers. When you have styles and fences to clear the box is a little cumbersome, that's why have sold mine. With a ruckasack it is one your back on not in the way. I do tend to keep it as light as possible though. If I am only doing an hour or so then my gear will fit in my pockets

Paul

Nice sale tacktics there Seph !! lol, sounds like a seat box is really useful !! lol

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Not got it yet Jonah! , Tool box full of tackle for tomorrow ! :-D

Here fishy fishy.......

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

seph:

Glen

Now I am the opposite, I use a rucksack as most of my fishing is done on the rivers. When you have styles and fences to clear the box is a little cumbersome,

Totally agree!

But what do you sit on for a long day's fishing? I've tried little fold up seats but they go well wonky on rough banks. And my scrawny arse just isn't comfortable on the cold, damp grass

Maybe a mini-box with adjustable legs would be good. Enough room for a flask, a few sarnies and tackle box etc. And rucksack-style straps instead of a single strap.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Glenn

I carry a chair if I am doing long sessions. It is not too heavy and can carry it easily enough. If I am going to be fishing long then I plonk down on the bank, tree stump or whatever

Paul

I reckon its horses for courses, a seat box is nice for floatfishing the commercials and lightweight chairs for stalking the rivers etc.

The answer is to get both a light weight chair and a seat box, I bet both will get used.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Yet again i`m writing another thanks, this time to Seph, from who i have baught his seat box and he took me on a great few hours fishing ALL the way down in Coventry!!!

Used my feeder rod and he set me up a cracking rig which hooked me up a few nice fish, a bream and a nice 3/4 pund roach !!! Yep folks, they are getting bigger! over a pound next catch? First fish caught using my ledger rig too!! Very impressed!

thanks Seph mate, sorted me with a nice seat box.....AND a bag full of extras to build up my fishing tackle.....

lol slight problem at the end when i got back to my car and realised i`d left the damn lights on lol! FLAT battery! but got a jump from seph and back home, happy with my new knowledge and catchs

Thanks again mate!!!!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......