Thanksgiving Day coming up!

Phone

Just to set the "Thanksgiving" thing straight, I managed to find an old, old sketch done at the site of the first Thanksgiving.

thanksgiving.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, No it ain't.

I have a freezer full of meat and most of it is marked up as a quarter of it's usual retail price or less because it was reduced and I regularly shop for ingredients at Lidl. I really ain't proud or snobbish but I do care about the quality of what I eat enough to cook from raw ingredients and don't mind putting my hand in my pocket once in a while to by good quality produce.

I don't eat at McD's because it's foul tasting garbage.

My remark was not pointed at any one person. just a mere observation. And ditto on McDs garbage.

I have relatives in America, their offspring were born over there They came over here a few years back for a holiday. They were given the good wholesome fare, roast and trimming, puddings in the corner, mince and dumplings, home made steak and kidney pies etc.The kids were none to pleased.

They went to the town and when they saw McDs, oh yeah, home form home, proper food !!!! Oh and its awesome cos they can go into the bars, LoL

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Then that's the way they were brought up, but it's got nothing to do with America or Americans. I'm sure, nay I know that you can buy fresh meat, fish and vegetables and cook your own food in America.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

KenL,

You should have to endure being a parent in the US. McD.'s is every kids first choice. I'm American and simply can't understand it either. I'm really to old to have a teenager - but I do. Also, in general, I believe Americans eat out far to often. Maybe 3 or more times a week (just a guess).

Cory,

Toilet? how repulsive. Although many of us call it the 'bathroom'. Secretly I hope no one chits in my bath.

I eat about anything. I am however rather "freakish" about texture. I can't do slime very well.

Phone

Edited by Phone

Just to set the "Thanksgiving" thing straight, I managed to find an old, old sketch done at the site of the first Thanksgiving.

thanksgiving.jpg

Where's that guy in the background headed Newt?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Toilet? how repulsive. Although many of us call it the 'bathroom'. Secretly I hope no one chits in my bath.

I eat about anything. I am however rather "freakish" about texture. I can't do slime very well.

Phone

I hate euphemisms. I share your reserve about texture. I can't go "purées" or any kind of milk pudding, like rice pudding, semolina, sago, tapioca. Any man that could swallow that stuff could just as easily soak cork ;)

Phone, you'd be no good with a gumbo.

Of course, the real texture experts are the Chinese who valure the food experience known as "Mouth feel".

As Cory suggested earlier, there are some very strange things going on in traditional Chinese food stalls and to me, the mouth feel doesn't say food at all.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Phone, you'd be no good with a gumbo.
No me neither, you can add that to my list of cork soaker food. Mouth feel is very important. I don't think I could swallow chicha either.

KenL,

Plus, I strongly dislike okra (it's slimey) as is eggplant. NO GUMBO. While I don't want to sound picky, I guess I really am. I'm not a big fan of caseroles (sp) in general. If my food has to be mixed, I'll mix it myself.

Phone