Thanksgiving Day coming up!

Phone

Cory - the guy in the background was gonna make a hard left turn and head upfield once the center snaps the ball to the quarterback which officially starts the play. He would hope to be in a position to receive a thrown ball. By rule, he can only run parallel to the line of scrimmage or further from it before the ball is snapped.

I do have to say that when we visited, the food at everyone's house was from very good to really excellent. Jan agreed except for blood sausage but I think that was the idea rather than the taste which was good. Cooked tomatoes as part of breakfast seemed strange at first but was good enough I wondered why I'd never tried it before.

The few times we "ate out" it was not so good.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, dodgy histories aside along with any religion and food debates that try to muscle into the party, Ya'll have a good Thanksgivin'.

Irrespective of their origins, these are fine traditions that bind families and communities together and should be treasured and honoured.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I wonder how many kids would stump for a McDs meal out with the family. :lol:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Irrespective of their origins, these are fine traditions that bind families and communities together and should be treasured and honoured.
Absolutely! Have a good one y'all.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Erm, No it ain't.

I have a freezer full of meat and most of it is marked up as a quarter of it's usual retail price or less because it was reduced and I regularly shop for ingredients at Lidl. I really ain't proud or snobbish but I do care about the quality of what I eat enough to cook from raw ingredients and don't mind putting my hand in my pocket once in a while to by good quality produce.

I don't eat at McD's because it's foul tasting garbage.

food all tastes the same to me but i will freeze anything if its cheap ,buy cheap and eat when its expensive

those 40p basic pot noodles that dropped to 9p are now on the way back up ,i only got 36 pots no room to store them :D:D

i did get overcharged though i bought a tray when they were 14p ,its my form of gambling on the markets :D

I do though begrudge forking out for "quality" (i begrude going near my pockets at all) if people didnt the price would fall considerably or the seller would go out of business

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I dislike frozen meat. the fresher the better, and i like blood dripping from it when i eat it, done rare just to my liking.

Liver, flash fried, a minute each side, perfect :lol:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I dislike frozen meat. the fresher the better, and i like blood dripping from it when i eat it, done rare just to my liking.

Liver, flash fried, a minute each side, perfect :lol:

So do you think you could tell the difference from a sirloin steak that had been frozen and one that hadn't.

1) After it had been defrosted so looked just like a fresh steak?

2) After it had been cooked just the way you like it?

There is no blood in your steak, at least there should not be. The whole purpose of slitting an animals throat at slaughter is to get all the blood out of the carcass. The animal must bleed to death. When we shoot a red deer stag, the perfect shot is one in the neck, severing the spinal cord and with a bit of luck a major artery or two at the same time. The hunter will then cut the animals throat to make sure that the main arteries have been cut and the stags heart will pump all the blood out until the beast is dead. If you miss and shoot the beast in the heart and it dies outright the venison will be most unpalatable to eat.

After being bled the carcass should be aged or hung for 15 to 30 days before being eaten. You would not like to eat freshly killed meat, full of blood.

That red liquid that runs out of beef when it is being cooked is myoglobin. Myoglobin is a protein found in the muscles of animals, including humans.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I do though begrudge forking out for "quality" (i begrude going near my pockets at all) if people didnt the price would fall considerably or the seller would go out of business
Why? And why do you put "quality" in quotes, do you think that quality does not exist?

So do you think you could tell the difference from a sirloin steak that had been frozen and one that hadn't.

1) After it had been defrosted so looked just like a fresh steak?

2) After it had been cooked just the way you like it?

There is no blood in your steak, at least there should not be. The whole purpose of slitting an animals throat at slaughter is to get all the blood out of the carcass. The animal must bleed to death. When we shoot a red deer stag, the perfect shot is one in the neck, severing the spinal cord and with a bit of luck a major artery or two at the same time. The hunter will then cut the animals throat to make sure that the main arteries have been cut and the stags heart will pump all the blood out until the beast is dead. If you miss and shoot the beast in the heart and it dies outright the venison will be most unpalatable to eat.

After being bled the carcass should be aged or hung for 15 to 30 days before being eaten. You would not like to eat freshly killed meat, full of blood.

That red liquid that runs out of beef when it is being cooked is myoglobin. Myoglobin is a protein found in the muscles of animals, including humans.

No , no and no.. so a fresh steak is a freshly defrosted steak then ? good gravy, ( i wont say good God ) is that not tantamount to telling lie's about the freshness of meat ? :o

Ok the Myoglobin stuff that comes out of the meat when cooked.

Another slap for me for being so very wrong :lol:

How many people do you know who like their meat rare say they like it when the Myoglobin runs out after cooking, other than a bloody steak ?

I would imagine in your circle of friends none would say bloody steak, or venison. ;)

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”

Why? And why do you put "quality" in quotes, do you think that quality does not exist?

it depends on how big you pocket is and if you know the difference ,i have eaten extremely expensive rabbit and not detected the slightest difference in it compared to killing one in the back field and eating it ,unless of course "quality" is not the food but the posh gravy that covers it?

a bull is pretty well the same as every bull the cuts are the same ,what beast ate growing up i expect give it a taste but its not about money just locality.

dont mix quality with money sellers will rip you off selling mutton as lamb if they could ,dont like lamb at all i prefer mutton myself but at mutton prices

quality is in the eyes of the beholder i have and always will prefer quantity over it

i'm sitting here enjoying a sandwich of chopped pork ,keep yyour spam i can get two tins for the price of one of that ,quality meal and cheap.food is eaten i dont care what it tastes like its a chore and best done quickly ,my old boss and an hour drinking coffee on some shitty french pavement had me going mad ,1 i wouldnt buy a coffee ,2 i wouldnt drink it and 3 if i were forced to by being on my best books drink it as fast as possible and do anything instead of sitting watching people i dont know do things i care less about

i prefer frozen to fresh except when smoking fish the freezing tends to destroy any cohesion the flesh had and the taste is different even to my jaded palette

i think most meat in the supermarket is pre frozen then thawed if its kept in a sterile atmosphere in a sealed container it can be frozen again safely

infact we freeze almost everthing and to date as you can see have survived ,some things are better not but thats just that old taste thing again

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson