Thanksgiving Day coming up!

Phone

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's your way of cooking then may as well stick to the cheap stuff.

yep and happy to ,not sure why i am happy doing it ,we got "decent" meals when up at my grans in Scotland on our many holidays a year but back home in bromley i guess it was caters (local supermarket) and the cheap stuff or occasionally nothing at all .now food is just food! belive me turkey twizzlers were high end food compared to rissoles in the early 60's :D

not generic rissoles where you can have decent meat in it but a frozen delicacy brand where meat was far down the list of ingredients ,i remember them as thin things covered in breadcrumbs that seemed to be our staple diet

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I got no problems about serving a steak or any other meat well done. I used to like it that way myself. Come to my house and I'll cook it so well done that sparks fly off it if you blow on it, if that's the way you prefer it. :P

When working away, I looked round the dining room before I sat down to eat, and saw that most of the diners with steak had 'juices' pouring out of them. I said to the waiter that I wanted my steak well done. He brought one back in the same state as the 'runny' ones. I asked him to take it back and burn it. I saw the 'chef' looking through the window to the kitchen, when it was brought to me. It was almost black. His face was a picture when I just said "Ahh, that's how to cook a steak", and gave him the 'thumbs up ' through the window.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

If you can show me one instance of me making a straw man from another posters argument I'll put a cheque for a £5er in the post to you.

What are you on about now for goodness sake ??

Sorry i should have said i like that saying. Can you please explain it. :D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

to all our American cousins

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

All,

FWIW, I eat raw beef. I expecially like "Dutch Hamburger" Raw hamburger, chopped onion, limburger cheese and perhaps a bit of horseradish.

Steak?, warm it with a match from a book of matches - that's plenty.

All other "critters" - well done.

Phone

Anglers' Net would not be the same place if we could not get a good "food" argument going.

I have moved from preferring very rare beef to a liking for medium rare but only because it is more tender and doesn't lose too much flavour. I firmly believe that a preference for "well done" beef is a minor perversion - similar to sniffing used women's shoes - strange but harmless and I'll still gladly be friends with someone as long as they are otherwise fun to be around.

Luckily, beef is not a traditional protein for Thanksgiving so I will happily eat my ham & turkey and all the fixings later this afternoon without having to worry about how the beef will be cooked since there won't be any.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

we tend not (well i tend not to) celebrate christmas ,i relent and the mrs gets a tiny tree and a few battery lights but i'm not into all the nonsence ,after all if you deny god you cannot celebrate his son being born to me its two faced

the bloody gkids get their presents i only spoil my life if possible

i go out when the shops are closing christmas eve what we eat for christmas is down to what i get radically cut price,not much last year its catching on :angry:

weve always got something in the freezer though

this is for the colonials

it does have a naughty word :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Newt is right, no beef this afternoon, ham and turkey (coming soon!). Well, I'm not exactly sure that is true. We will have mincemeat pie (made with Pippin apples) and a dollop of artery clogging whipping cream ( a favorite of mine too). Does mincemeat have beef in it? I don't believe so? I'll attempt to set a record and eat it all. The others will have pumpkin pie and whipping cream.

Phone