ANGLING UNITY, IS IT POSSIBLE ?

Guest STEVE POPE

Guest Steve Randles

Ian...well done !

Mike, nasa dates and venue please as I think it is time I got a bit more involved, I have to be honest in saying that a lot that I have heard has gone right over my head, I think it is time we ALL learned more.

I agree Mike perhaps this would be an ideal time for hand shaking and conversation.

Steve Pope, what are your thoughts on this? Will you be there also?

Indeed, who from all the branches of angling is likely to attend ?

Steve Randles

Guest waterman1013

Steve Randles

Steve you don't live far from me. If you want to get involved or meet for a chat e-mail on waterman1013@hotmail.com

The NASA weekend should be good. Most of the key players are there for one reason or another.

Steve Pope is due to give a talk on Sturgeon Fishing, David Bird, Angling Trades Association, will be giving a talk on Politics and Angling, Ray Walton is demonstrating rolling meat on the Kennet.

I don't know who from the groups will be there, but most of the single specie groups who make up SACG attend, SACG is normally represented by Tim Marks, I guess this year Alan Pearce will be there and Chris Burt may be.

I do not see that the differences between SACG and the BS can be that great, but I don't know all the history, so Steve P may have a problem with this. I know he started this thread but I hope too many judgements won't be made if he feels he can't commit. There may be other pressures within the BS about which we all know nothing.

We should all be pulling in the same direction. Let's hope we can at least start to open a dialogue at Burghfield.

Steve Pope can we meet up at NASA and try to sort this mess out, so that angling can move forward together?

Mike

Guest STEVE POPE

Apologies for the delay in responding but I'm experiencing problems in getting on line,I have similar problems at the moment getting the barbel to respond at the end of the other line but anyway...

This forum is absolutely brilliant, you start off on a topic, go off on all sorts of tangents and end up plugging the NASA conference. Anything to help Alan Icaza, the conference organiser, he deserves it.

I digress, yes I will be there and will be happy to talk to you Mike and anyone else who has taken an interest in this subject.

One proviso though,no heckling during my talk and slide show ! smile.gifsmile.gif

Guest stoney

Have a quick look at freeserve fishing page, then look at the Radio 5 anti-angling broadcast item. This is what we will be up against soon. (maybe too soon for us to get our act together) !!!!

Stoney

Guest Alan Pearce

This all sounds very encouraging and yes the NASA conference the ideal venue. Can I ask Mike, Ian and Steve to put their heads together and make the arrangements. Important that it does not clash with any other of the talks and events, A preprepared agenda would be helpfull to keep on track and ensure coverage of all points and suggest a ten minute intro from the Barbel Society and the SACG to kick off with. Anti Angling is probably our single biggest threat so I would suggest an intro on this subject by David Bird and or Bruno Broughton who have both done an enourmouse ammount of work on the subject. Lets make it happen, see you there.

Guest Mystic
Originally posted by Ray Walton:

It's gone quiet....Where's he sneaked off to ...Adams mill or the Vatican?  rolleyes.gif

Probably to the Royaly Ray ive heard its packed with fish at the moment,isn't it?

Guest waterman1013

Steve P

I promise no heckling. smile.gif I am green with envy that you have fished for sturgeon and I can't wait to see the slides and hear about the techniques. I'll even try to keep the noisy parts of SACG in some semblance of order! biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

Steve R

Thanks I'll give you a call by LL Monday evening. smile.gif

Alan P

It's taken us a long while to establish this meet. I think we should try and avoid a committee structure and the people who have contributed to this thread deserve their say as well as the main protagonists. I want to understand why the BS felt they had to pull out of SACG and I am sure that Steve P wants a view of the future with SACG/NASA potentially combining forces again.

Stoney

Have you got the URLs of the two sites you mention. I'm not very good at finding stuff blind on the net. Thanks. redface.gif

In the meantime I'll speak to Alan Icaza and see if he can find us a quiet corner and a suitable time for a chat. If it's OK with Steve P, I'll then publish the details on this BB for those that want to be there. Although making friends can be hard in front of an audience, so I'm not sure of how to approach it. Have you got any thoughts on the form to follow Steve P? What do you want to see?

Waiting on tenterhooks - and no I haven't been fishing this w/e, I've been working in the garden putting up another greenhouse for the green fingered earth mum who lets me share her life. No doubt Graham E has been knocking them out of St Pats, and my ticket hasn't arrived yet. frown.gif

P.S. Has anyone noticed how this BB has become overun with topics on Barbel, makes a change from b****y carp, doesn't it?

May all your lines be wet and tight

Mike Heylin

Guest mystic
Originally posted by Ray Walton:

Mystic... Photocall at mill on thursday! Zooms an' all welcome!

uuhmm ...I might not be there but i'll see if Mo can make it!