ANGLING UNITY, IS IT POSSIBLE ?

Guest STEVE POPE

Guest thecarpangler

Ray, you antogonistic sod.

There's an open thread for you to finish on rolling meat on the FISHINGmagic site.

Angling unity, it'll get my vote, stop bitchin' and get talkin'.........

Guest Alan Pearce

Mike (Waterman)

The Pope and I have had a couple of chats on the phone this past few days. He will be coming back to me re a BS & SACG meet soon,I'll give you a bell.

To the others out there.

It is very pleasing to see that you are all in favour of angling unity, lets face it, its the only way forward as there are many and bigger battles to be fought. Why not get further involved, find out more of what the SACG is doing on your behalf. Post your interest here and the Waterman will arrange for some further information to be sent to you. Like wise if you want to find out more about the Barbel Society and membership log your interest so that Steve Pope can send you further information. They aint a bad old crowd and stand for what all us caring anglers want, clean water and a perfect environment.

Guest waterman1013

Alan

That's cool. I am working in town at the moment and out Wed evening seeing Steve Randles. I am in Thursday at the office and will give you a call then O.K.? smile.gif

By the way it's late and I am just catching this thread before hitting the sack. Up again at 06.00.

Mike

Guest waterman1013

This is a blind. I'm trying to understand the message about coolies. Oh sorry that should be a k. Elton have I done it right? smile.gif

Mike

Guest pikehunter

Well for my two penny worth as an avid lure angler i would say UNITY KISS MY A**E

Not from my point of view BUT the amount of times i have been on the bank and had match angler's walk past me on there way to the match further up stream I make a point of saying hi, good luck or whatever small talk should come to mind and if YOU heard some of the replies i get YOU would'nt bother asking such a stupid question.

Personaly i think it would be a cracking idea, but as i will say again and again with the match man's attitude FORGET IT i have spoken to kid's on the bank with more manner's then these people.And i'm not some kid with a few spinners either as i say dedicated,(ask my wife).

Guest STEVE POPE

I'm determined to take this thread past the one hundred mark and today would seem to be an extremely appropriate day, so here goes.

What do you feel about the Countryside Alliance?

Should anglers " Jump into bed with them? "

That ought to do it!!

Steve

Guest Gordon Scott
Originally posted by STEVE POPE:

I'm determined to take this thread past the one hundred mark and today would seem to be an extremely appropriate day, so here goes.

That ought to do it!!

Steve

Does this make the ton? I do hope so. Countryside Alliance. Surely the answer is that anglers should follow their own beliefs and consciences and support them in a practical way if in favour of the organisation's platform, and if not, not. If a like-minded group are committee members of an angling club or society they should recommend that the club supports/joins such an organisation be the CA, SACG, NFA or whatever. If there is no real consensus it just won't work. It's a bit of a heavy simile I know, but just consider the former Yugoslavia, under a dictatorship it appeared to the layman to be a cohesive state, but once it broke down there were nearly as many factions as there are in angling! What I'm trying to say, (I think,) is that whatever the B.S. does or does not do regarding the SACG it will count for nothing if it does not have the support of the grassroots membership. And this, coming from someone whose interest in politics of whatever flavour is minimal, has been hard work!

Guest mystic
Originally posted by STEVE POPE:

That ought to do it!!only if they put the bed on Adams mill Steve, then you can bed em!

Steve