Minutes of the last England and Wales Fisheries Group meeting

Anglers' Net

The minutes of the last England and Wales Fisheries Group meeting and a circular from Defra about the implementation of the Natural Environment White Paper can be downloaded here.

Click here to view the full article. Please reply below to add your comments, if any.

Try our newTackle & Bait Finder
http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fishingtackle/

Grab yourself an amazing bargain at http://www.cheap-bargains.co.uk/

USING THE LINKS ABOVE IS A WAY THAT YOU CAN HELP KEEP ANGLERS' NET FREE!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimy. given that the Agency are about to introduce a 1,000 barbel fingerlings into the Wensum, the following minute confounds me :

The Angling Trust also reported that the Agency was considering giving consent to stock barbel in what would otherwise be natural trout rivers. Barbel could prevent trout from re-establishing. Adrian Taylor said the Agency would only give consent to stock barbel in rivers within its natural range and considered the balance between species abundance when consenting additional stock

Good meeting minutes. At least they're covering all the points thoroughly, and it's nice to finally see some transparancy ....

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Blimy. given that the Agency are about to introduce a 1,000 barbel fingerlings into the Wensum, the following minute confounds me :

The Angling Trust also reported that the Agency was considering giving consent to stock barbel in what would otherwise be natural trout rivers. Barbel could prevent trout from re-establishing. Adrian Taylor said the Agency would only give consent to stock barbel in rivers within its natural range and considered the balance between species abundance when consenting additional stock

Good meeting minutes. At least they're covering all the points thoroughly, and it's nice to finally see some transparancy .... :)

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Good meeting minutes. At least they're covering all the points thoroughly, and it's nice to finally see some transparancy .... :)

missed the bit about discussion re the eel take ban, they didn't suggest re-looking at data to see if there was any improvement from the dodgy figures they initially relied on, shame the anglers are still restricted yet commercially it continues.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

missed the bit about discussion re the eel take ban, they didn't suggest re-looking at data to see if there was any improvement from the dodgy figures they initially relied on, shame the anglers are still restricted yet commercially it continues.

Maybe so Barry, nothing to indicate a more moderate stance towards canoe access on inland waterways either. But Rome wasn't built in a day. Having just fought a lonely 2 year campaign over barbel restocking policy it gives me some encouragement that maybe I haven't been completely wasting my time. All I can suggest is 'keep at em'. If they continue listening, I might even have to consider joining the AT and spitting from the inside for a change!

Maybe so Barry, nothing to indicate a more moderate stance towards canoe access on inland waterways either. But Rome wasn't built in a day. Having just fought a lonely 2 year campaign over barbel restocking policy it gives me some encouragement that maybe I haven't been completely wasting my time. All I can suggest is 'keep at em'. If they continue listening, I might even have to consider joining the AT and spitting from the inside for a change!

Ahh yes, the canoe's i remember that one. I am not sure about being on the inside, some good guys have tried, one press release this year where they had intimated to us ordinaries what they intended with regards to meeting defra and co, so i suppose that is a start, however as with the eel,s they failed to consult the rsa when they decided in house to re-affirm the tope take ban, na there's a long way to go yet. The sanatised press releases and being selfish the lack of communication to the rsa is what i consider is missing.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The sanatised press releases and being selfish the lack of communication to the rsa is what i consider is missing.

The big test for me will be whether they go ahead with the stocking of 1,000 barbel into the Wensum this winter. I note that the AT accused the EA of 'intending to consent to barbel stockings', when what they should have said is 'have consented to barbel stockings'.

The history to this is that the EA publicised that they intended to introduce 250 barbel in 2009, but then proceeded to introduce 850 fish. This was retrospectively reported to the public after it had been done.

The following year, 2010, they introduced a further 990 fish. This was not reported to the public at all; the only reason I know about it is because I put an information request in to the EA which had been copied to my MP. In their reply, the EA also confirmed that they intended to introduce a further 1,000 fish this year (all at public expense, of course).

So I guess we're about to find out just how genuine they are ...

Openess and transparecy are also two words that are used, yet to me the trust have yet to demonstrate. Another recent press release regarding 1500 clubs are on the trusts books, wonderful, however the count that i am interested in along with others are the number of single rsa members, the answer to that simple question is as hard as pulling hens teeth. No, a long way to go yet.

Tell me is there a serious shortage of barbel,have they been taken and eaten, :lol: or has someone the idea of turning it into a specilist fishery over a natural one?

Tell me is there a serious shortage of barbel,have they been taken and eaten, :lol: or has someone the idea of turning it into a specilist fishery over a natural one?

Yo, Barry my man.

Got it in one mate, barbel are the new crap...oops, carp and entice anglers....no, sorry, they entice people with fishing rods and increase licence sales.....wojja mean, cynical...moi?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Tell me is there a serious shortage of barbel, have they been taken and eaten

Not yet, but out here in Norfolk we're working on it.

or has someone the idea of turning it into a specilist fishery over a natural one?

Perish the thought Barry. How could you possibly make such a scurrelous accusation. No, what's really happenning is this :

"I own some land in the Wensum valley. On this land I would like to introduce a herd of gnu. I appreciate that gnu are neither native to the Wensum valley, nor are they particularly well suited to this type of habitat. However, I am prepared to feed them regularly and create artificial breeding areas which are conducive to their reproductive instincts. The purpose of this enterprise is to enable me to charge large sums of money so that sportsmen can come and shoot the gnu, thereby creating an indispensible socio-economic benefit to the landowner, and to the sportsmen who enjoy gnu shooting. Unfortunately, in doing so I will be obliged to close down public access to this part of the valley so as not to interfere with the gnu's breeding habits. I would nevertheless, be grateful if the authorities would consent to these activities being carried out, and also to pay for it all under the guise of the Wensum Restoration Strategy."

Edited by andy_youngs

Important Information

We and our partners use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences, repeat visits and to show you personalised advertisements. By clicking “I Agree”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent.