Suffolk & Norfolk Fish In?

Guest Peter Waller

Guest Peter Waller

I'm up for it but the variety of dates that I was given that suited one person but not another did leave me scratchng my head. Mind you, all the best intentions in the world then went out the door when work went totally ballistic! Sorry, a fish-in took back seat then. Anyway, how about it? Should we agree a date? And then find a venue to suit the majority or what?

Guest Elton

Peter,

Take the bull by the horns...name a dat, then a venue and those of us that can make it, will smile.gif

If it helps, I'm on holiday from 24th of this month.

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest ginger

Sorry fellas, I didn't realise you were waiting for me, I was waiting for a harder prod! Swanton Morley is a day ticket venue but with no facilities other than gravel pits and the river. There is a super small fishery called Bridge Farm near Swaffham (a bit further to left of Dereham) that has ywo small lakes one with several islands that make a series of canal like stretches, it has most of the usual, carp, tench, roach etc. There is a basic bog and the owner brings everyone a cup of tea after they arrive! Another possibility is the Water Meadows fishery at Cranworth whcih is again a few miles from East Dereham, lots of carp including many doubles well into the twnties plus tench etc. I must say that Swanton Morley would be best if a decent number turn up, 5 lakes and the river with plenty of room, the other two are much smaller and get busy at weekends. If any of these strike your fancy come back but let me know what you need organising, if anything, and I will do my best. I am unavailable on the 16th. (17th. OK) and 24th. (23rd OK)

Peter

Guest ginger

Has the Norfolk/Suffolk fish in died a death, I am still up for it so read my previous and let me know.

P.S. I have fished Swanton Morley half a dozen times recently withouut seeing a fish! About par for me!!!

Peter (F) not W

Guest ginger

Seven in the morning, hell's teeth!!!

Inside the gate, turn right and there is a largish area where we can park up to get sorted, most pegs have a parking space adjacent or very near, no long treks so the tackle tarts can bring all of their goodies to show off.

I will sort out some directions from various points during the next weekbut if you look on your motoring atlas and find East Dereham Swanton Morley is about an inch from it at 2 o'clock. If required I can bring a two ring picnic stove for mashing or whatever so bring your mug (and a cup to drink from :D)

If anyone has queriesask away , but don't ask me how to catch anything there.

Pete (F)

Guest ginger

Since I posted the reply above this thread has almost dropped out of the bottom of the monitor, page 4 and sinking!!! Anyone still interested, Peter Waller and myself will be there (that right Pete?), why not join us. I will try to have an hour or two fishing there this weekend and will let you know how I failed.

Pete (F)

Guest micjan

I can't. I'll be stuck in a lovely hot country, drinking cheap booze and eating nice food wink.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------