Stoney, Yateley and Anglers' Net

Guest Elton

Guest scoobs11

head for reading going by the map the rac sent me

what exactly do we ask people to sponsor us for ?? the only thing i can think of is hours spent fishing,since we need the money before we set off. so when exactly do we envisage the fishing starting and finishing ?

will we be night fishing or stopping at dark ?

sorry if i'm being a pain just trying to plan ahead.

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

[This message has been edited by scoobs11 (edited 16 May 2001).]

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Alan Taylor:

Brilliant Stu I am bringing this back to the top in the HOPE that someone will tell me exactly where it is.  

frown.gif

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by scoobs11:

Scoobs, don't be sorry for being a pain, infact let me join you. Brilliant idea of the fishin, great offer of a lake for an, loads of folks trying to plan a trip and sponsors and it dries up. Scoobs, did we miss something?

Had an email from stoney, emailed back, but have not checked the mail yet. He said "exit 4 from the M3" so we are getting closer.

I keep getting told off for not giving people time to reply so watch out for a rollicking. smile.gif

Alan (nl)

Guest Gaffer

Hope this helps,

Yateley.jpg

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

[This message has been edited by Gaffer (edited 16 May 2001).]

Guest NickInTheNorth

I hope I will still be able to make it. I found out earlier this week that I am moving house early in july, and the new journey for me to get down to Yateley is about 560 miles!!

I will still be sending off my payment, and if I don't make it on the day I will certainly be with you all in spirit.

Nick

For anyone that's interested I'm moving to the Isle of Muck?, which if you don't know where it is you can take a look here

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Gaffer:

Great Gaffer, that is realy a big help.

There are still loads of questions though.

What time start/end, all night fishing etc have to go, will be back

Alan(NL)

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Alan Taylor:

Great Gaffer, that is realy a big help.

There are still loads of questions though.

What time start/end, all night fishing etc have to go, will be back

Alan(NL)

Ok back again, I am going to try for some sponsorship so need loads of info on the Macmillan trust, do they have a site?

As it is a registered charity do firms get tax relief on contributions? If so who should checks be made out to? It is going to be difficult getting money out of Dutch and Belgium firms for a UK charity so the more info the better.

Is it possible that Rosie can get some coverage from Dave with David Hall publications?

Meet up and start time, I know it is a long way off but we have to know when to travel so we can shop around for the best deal of ferries and to take time off from work.

Who is co-ordinating the whole thing, it started with Elton, I had an email from Stoney (thanks) and a map from Gaffer (thanks). Where do we send entrance fee to?

I know this is a fun thing that we are doing and it should be a great week-end but there are questions. As Scooby said "sorry to be a pain".

Alan(nl)

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by The Tangler:

If I can get there then I will.

Hi Tangler, where do you live, we 3 will be going via Dover so if you need a lift, there is loads of room in my Transporter so no need to cut down on gear. Cheap booze as well if I can clear it with customs first.

Any one know an email/site for Hm customs and excise at Dover.

Email me if you are interested.

Alan(nl)

Guest stoney

Thanks for the interest everyone.

A few questions need answering: Elton has posted the application form and info sheet.

Fishing will commence Fri 7th @ 1200hrs and finish no later than 1200hrs Sun 9th.

Sponsorship and how you raise it, is up to the individual, be it, hours, fish, or weight, but people normally donate a said amount for taking part.

Have a look at http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk you will find a link to Macmillan Cancer Relief.

Cheques at all times MUST be payable to "Macmillan Cancer Relief"

The address to send your entry, is on the application form.

Hope that helps !!!!!!!

------------------

"see ya soon"

stoney

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk