Rob,

Nil desperandum, that's angling!

Wish me luck tonight...

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest Spac-e-man aka eelangler

Dear All,

A little more information for you, but I am not going to make any suggestions as to why these days are best.

The best days according to my calcs are

11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 19th, 20th, 21st & 22nd day/night of the moon phase.

Day one is the first day of the New Moon, so from my calcs it is the 3 days/nights (First Quarter) in the run up to Full Moon(14th day) and the first day/night of full moon that are most productive, along with the last two days/nights of the Full Moon phase and the first two days/nights of Last Quarter.

Now I am not going to speculate (on this site), as to why these times are best, because to be perfectly honest I don't know. These are just the facts and figures according to my calculations. We will have to wait and see if the theory can be proved correct or not. I suspect it may take some time.

Andy, I haven't done any calcs for barbel or catfish, but if you catch any eels over the next couple of weeks either post on AN or e-mail me with the date and time of capture.

TTFN Spac-e-man

Guest Andy Thatcher

Handy to know as I am tenching over the 13th & 14th. Barbelling 15/16th. Catting 18/19 & 20th.

Will drop you a mail to let you know.

Guest Spac-e-man aka eelangler

Andy,

those numbers were the days of the moon cycle NOT the days of the month.

13th June = 23rd day of moon cycle

14th June = 24th day of moon cycle

15th June = 25th day

16th " = 26th

18th " = 28th

19th = 29th

20th = 1st day of Moon cycle (New Moon)

and so on.

Hope this clarifies things

TTFN Spac-e-man

[This message has been edited by Spac-e-man aka eelangler (edited 12 June 2001).]

Guest pikelines editor

Hold on...

Waxing moon Tony, that's a rising moon not a falling moon innit?

In my experience the best sport starts on the full moon phase, slows a bit then goes ballistic on the last quarter??

Last quarter starts tonight...

Didn't go on the local water last night, turned up and there was a gang of dodgy looking characters camping out nearby.

Didn't fancy loosing my Delkims and Dictators! I was rather dissapointed.

Sat watching the water for an hour though and learned a lot. Will return with company I think, better safe than sorry.

Roll on the 16th and I can get back to my safe Cheshire estate lake.

Having a problem locating plenty of lobbies, how are you guys doing? My local mega-dung heap is dry as a bone, have to dig real deep to find any and we haven't had a nice warm drizzly night to get out on the golf course!

Think it's supposed to be raining on Friday, doing a little rain dance for then!

How are you boys getting on with the snigs?

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest RobStubbs

Steve,

Most fish of late seem to be on maggots. Others from the complex have been on live or dead roach (or sections thereof - obviously the deadbaits biggrin.gif ). I have been buying lobs but I feel robbed each time.

I'm not out this w/e for the eels so when is my next best time according to you guys' magic calendar ? Oh and I can only do w/e's

Cheers,

Rob.

Guest pikelines editor

Hi Rob,

Paying for worms, you must have too much money. Rain is forecast for today/tonight, get out on your local golf course for the lobbies, use a pen torch and cover the lens with some red film (worms can't see it).

Personally, this weekend is a good one to be out, next best is on the full moon next month 6/7th after that I would definately be out on the 13/14th on the second falling quarter.

Other things can have an influence of course, if I were restricted to weekends only I would just get out and fish mate!

May do Friday night on this local water if my mate/missus is up for it (eeling that is).

Looked too dodgy the other night, pity.

How are you doing with your rigs, are you ok or do you need some advice on what to use?

Just holler if not.

Keep in touch,

The other lads seem quiet, bet they've been out eeling too, slime on...

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod