northern fishin

Guest scoobs11

Guest Keith

Scoobs,

how many people can you get on to the waters?

I ask because (if nobody minded), I could post details on the Internet Angling Club list - we're gagging for another Northern Fish-in - and drum up some more interest if it was needed.

I'll be along anyway, 'cos I've never actually made it over to this fishery and I've always wanted to have a crack at it.

------------------

Yours,

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

www.wacac.co.uk

Guest Martin Salisbury

Elton??????????? biggrin.gif

He's staying silent 'cos those southern woofties can't stand the drive and would have to pack their thermals wink.gif

Guest Bruno Broughton

Scoobs et al

I did the original valuation of the ponds about 12 years ago when Dave Stirzaker bought them, and - subsequently - I went there a couple of times to provide fisheries management advice.

They comprise a complex of small ponds, dug for the underlying marl, and most have steep margins and depths to 12 feet+. Many of the carp are wildie-type fish; there are lots of rudd; and the perch get BIG.

The trick used to be to fish close in, under the overhanging trees, and keep very quiet. I would definitely pack lobworms were I going, and I would be prepared to wander (quietly), plopping a bait between the branches before moving on. Bivvies and buzzers are out of place here.

Have fun.

------------------

Bruno

Guest phil dean

Thanks Bruno, you're a star, lobworm collecting will begin, now where's that thread about electrocuting them. biggrin.gif

Guest scoobs11

anyhelp welcome david. smile.gif

i think more than twenty would be pushing things keith but saying that not sure how many to expect !!!!!

thanks for the info bruno not a lot has changed recently apart from ide being stocked along with about 300 carp into one of the ponds at the back.

i think i remember someone getting a pic in angling times last year with a big perch from carleton.

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

Guest scoobs11

me%20with%20fish.jpg

if this works it's a bad pic of me with some "bits" from carleton

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

Guest tony jolley

Sorry! I may have missed the details somwhere ,but can we night fish and bivvy up?

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley

Originally posted by Martin Salisbury:

Elton??????????? biggrin.gif

He's staying silent 'cos those southern woofties can't stand the drive and would have to pack their thermals wink.gif

I am a lot further south than Elton ie; 35 miles from the south coast (Portsmouth) I do trust that I am not being included in your statement tongue.gif

lyn

P.S. Bruno I do not intend driving 300 miles up there & not bivvying up for the night! Even it they do look out of place I just need a bed for the night & it will be packed in the car wink.gif

PPS Looks as if Matthew will be coming as well with the way he & Liam eat I will need to bring a whole side of beef for the barby eek.gif

Guest Martin Salisbury

Of course I wouldn't dare including you in that statement wink.gif

Still no word from that Elton bloke though tongue.gif