What is your most scariest encounter whilst fishing???

Guest big tinca

Guest Jonty

An evening session on the Dove, barbelling. Nicely settled in among the marginal reedmace. Holding the rod, as usual. I'd had a hard week at work, early starts and late finishes, so was pretty-well cream-crackered.

As you do, after a little while I began to `drift away` - you know, in that sort of half-awake, dreamy state. And then a fox barked right behind me - I hadn't heard him, and damned near filled my pants !! - and as I jumped, he did as well - he didn't know I was there.

I'm still not sure who was most scared, him or me .

Jonty

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Thanks Martin! biggrin.gif

You're the fella i was trying to think of when i posted about the hall/coach house!

I accidently deleted that lovely scream file off my computer (used it to scare the hell out of some freinds biggrin.gif)

Now i'm trying to pursuede them to spend a night on/near the site of Borley Rectory which Harry Price (the original ghost buster) declared the most haunted house in Britain shame it burnt down shortly after! eek.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Chris Plumb

Any time I get caught fishing in a thunderstorm is pretty bl00dy hairy - and what's been forcast for Saturday?? frown.gif

Chris

Guest trickydavies

Few years back I went bass fishing at sea (Carmarthen bay) and got caught in a storm, stuck on a sandbar and two miles offshore in an old clinker boat that started to break up - oh yes and we lost the tiller! I was only 17 and embarrassingly blubbed a bit as I was sure I was about to die. I've never had any fear of the sea since then - just the respect it deserves.

I also got caught with a bonefish on the line on some flats in the Bahamas whilst on holiday last year (they take ages to land) and a thuderstorm came over and I was not going to lose it (as you do) - lay down and played it with just my head out of the water. A bit hairy.

Guest Nightwing

Likely the time I had a large bear come down the bank right into camp! It was along the Muskegon river, Michigan, in salmon season and I suppose he(or she) was looking for a meal.

I am not sure who was more suprised, me or the bear!