Yoo Hoo im back

Guest Gray-Catchpole

Guest Gray-Catchpole

i only use the pellets, i think we now need some input from sillybait themselves, so we can sort this out one way or another.

i think your comment "slap a dead carp in your lap" is a bit harsh chris, you seem to think im some kind of beast.

------------------

Email:

Guest Chris Shaw
Originally posted by Gray-Catchpole:

i only use the pellets, i think we now need some input from sillybait themselves, so we can sort this out one way or another.

i think your comment "slap a dead carp in your lap" is a bit harsh chris, you seem to think im some kind of beast.

It was meant to sound harsh, I could not think of another way to get my point across and I do not think that you are beast at all.

------------------

Chris Shaw

They played on while the reel handles spun in unison.

Guest Simon Newbould

Hi Gray,

I can't speak for Chris, but I definately don't think you're "some kind of beast"...

I don't know if you were into fishing (for carp in particular) when the Harefield thing first kicked off? But those of us that were remember it well... I for one will always try and discourage someone (such as yourself) from using a bait, groundbait or whatever that has a high oil content NOT because I have an axe to grind about any particular bait company but because I am concerned for the welfare of the fish....

To be honest - the mere fact that I have heard that (I have NOT checked this for myself) the pellets in question have a high oil content is enough to prevent me form using them - I don't care how well they perform, I won't use 'em....

As a crap analogy - we could all formulate a high attract "instant" bait that would undoubtedly catch almost everywhere that you took it - to do that you would have to overload that bait with attractor's which would not be beneficial to the health of the fish.... It would also have no long term "catching" benefit....

I admit I personally get a kick out of formulating a bait that provides the fish with everything they need.... I KNOW they will eat it, I KNOW they will want it, I KNOW that longterm I will continue catching on that same bait - I KNOW that the bait will do them no harm, in fact it will benefit them......

The downside is that I will not be instantly successful and I will not "take the water apart" in a short period of time...

(GOD - THIS IS TURNING INTO A LONG POST)

Liken it to humans..... I would absolutely love to eat hamburgers, curry's and steaks for every meal....in fact if I had the choice and was not aware of the risks involed I WOULD eat high fat foods at every meal..... Would it do me any good?

You decide mate.... if you wanna take that chance - it's down to you....

Simon

Guest Gray-Catchpole

chris/simon

i do get what your saying, and i aggree with your feelings on fish health, i think the discution should be halted for a while, as we both, dont actually know what type of oils are in sillypellets, i have mailed sillybait and asked them to contribute to this thread, to put there side of the coin up for us, lets wait and see if they do shall we, then we can take it from there.

------------------

Email:

[This message has been edited by Gray-Catchpole (edited 15 June 2001).]

Guest Chris Shaw

OK, I go with that but I think I know the response we will get.

------------------

Chris Shaw

They played on while the reel handles spun in unison.

Guest simonford

High oil content is exactly the reason why a lot of the fisheries and clubs have banned the use of trout pellets and allow the use of carp pellets which have a lot less oil content.

I`ll never use anything as bait that i know has a high oil content and that includes single pellets simply because if you`re using them,how do you know that other anglers are not using the same bait?(a long shot i know but possible).

IMHO s****bait are mad for bringing out a bait that could possibly harm the fish and IMO the bait should be tested a lot more before anyone says that its harmful.If it is not harmful then yes it would probably be allowed to be sold,but if its found harmful then it should be taken off the shelves immediately.

Thats enough from myself at this time smile.gif

------------------

Simon Ford

Guest FishinMad2001

???????!!!!

This thread turns from a "welcome back" to a "in depth" discussion about high oil content baits!

Chris Shaw....what gave you "any" motive to question Gray about the Silly Bait pellets he was using? Gray dident post this thread expecting you to question him about the baits he was using, especially when you accuse him of using baits that are harmfull to fish! Why would Sillybait say they are fish friendly when they are not? "you" seem think they are not, have you any proof? Get your facts right!

What can you do about it anyway, except give Gray grief that nobody wants to see on this forum? There is nothing you, as a individual can do to stop the use of high oil content baits and until we have the proof that Sillybait pellets are harmfull to fish then shall we leave it at this? After all this discussion has already occured very recently. In my opinion Chris, I think you are just making unessessary conversation and throwing your negitive opinions around just to see what effect it will have!

------------------

Tight Lines,

Tyrone, http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/

Guest Big Brother

Well well, its my old bud Chris, the guy who would be a great advert for all Silly products wink.gif

Sillypellets do have oil in them but the type IS fish friendly (dont ask me the recipie - only 1 man knows that and its not me frown.gif, but the fact they recieve so much support proves this.

The truth is like Gray says Van Den Eynde back sillypellets and all over the country where trout pellets are banned on fisheries Sillypellets are alowed because of their fish friendliness.

Anyone who has not tried some go out and try them, they really work! This is not an advert as like I have said before I am only a friend of Sillybait not employed by them so I have no gain by saying this. I just like to back a good bait that catches loads of fish. Ask Lyn!! smile.gif

Im sorry you dont like them chris but what do you like in life - not a great deal really, and dont bother responding to this as I dont want to waste the energy of tapping a message to you.

In my and a lot of other peoples opinion Sillypellets are fine.

Gray, good to have you back mate - I have got 4 weeks before I start my new job smile.gif and move from somerset frown.gif- lets try and meet at the viaduct b4 then wink.gif

Big Brother

------------------

The float - pleasing in appearance, even more so in disapperance!!!

http://www.sillybait.co.uk - home of all things silly!!

Guest Simon Newbould

Tyrone,

Sorry mate I've had to delete the reply I'd originally typed out for you......

BB....

Hiya, So they have oil in them? (something we already know) I don't wanna know the recipe but - is it fish oil? and what's the percentage?

simple questions that can be answered easily without giving anything away....

Simon...

Guest Big Brother
Originally posted by Simon Newbould:

Tyrone,

I don't wanna know the recipe but - is it fish oil? and  what's the percentage?

I will hold my hands up and say I dont know - I will do my best to find out for you and if I do I will post it on Anglers Net. To be honest Im not sure of my chances but will give it a go!!

------------------

The float - pleasing in appearance, even more so in disapperance!!!

http://www.sillybait.co.uk - home of all things silly!!