Ultrabite

Guest John Fish

Guest John Fish

In July issue of Improve Your Coarse Fishing there is ad for Ulrabite ....'an amazing new liquid compound'....'took 6 years and £3 million to develope'.... Is it new?.. Has anybody used it?.. their web site is www.ultrabite.com but it's not working.

------------------

John Fish

Guest Peter Waller

Got to be worth trying! Mates of mine at the CEFAS lab in Lowestoft have tested it & consider that it works.

Guest big tinca

Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm! I can't seem to get on there site! mad.gifeek.gif

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by big tinca (edited 15 June 2001).]

Guest Chris Woodrow

The rep was talking to me on the phone last night, you can expect this stuff to be big. It's a liquid additive, you get 20 philes for 9.95. They are spending 150k on advertising, it has only just been released last Friday I believe. Adverts will be everyhere, including the TV they tell me.

After the government spending 3 million, apparently, developing it for fish farms et cetera..let us hope it works.

Essex Angling has it.

Chris

Guest Nutter

Hi John Fish,

Why are we talking about using toothpaste for bait?????? I know we anglers use weird and wonderful stuff but really come on!!!!!!!

Nutter. :confused

Guest Keith

Okey-Dokey...

Ultrabite is apparently a pheremone based attractor which works by:

"stimulating feeding, aggression and sexual response which in turn makes [fish] search for food."

Being a pheremone, it works directly on the brain, rather than being an appetite stimulant or whatever - and fish "can't wise up to it" like they can with flavours.

It can be detected at a level of a teaspoon full in a swimming pool (no, I don't know what that means in real terms either), and is already getting people worried - with some justification, if it's that good - that it could make fish overeat themselves to death!

------------------

Yours,

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited 15 June 2001).]