Types of fishing?

Guest trickydavies

Guest Graham E

Like Steve I love small rivers, not simply for the fish but the knowledge that can be gained by watching the interaction under the water. Always amazed that large fish can sometimes occupy a sq foot of water for much of the day and just pick of bits.

Barbel mainly, although trotting for anything spices up the day.

Guest trickydavies

It seems there are more folk like me who just love fishing for anything depending on where they live - I can't be mad then! I too love fishing tiny brooks for big fish - very intimate (easy!).

The place where I work right now is quite special for salmon which is why I'm into them right now. You can watch them in the water and then come up and take a fly - quite like fishing the small brooks. Today I'm going down to the beach (about 200yds) to try for anything that will take a fly - probably pollock or even the slight chance of a mackerel or sea trout. Lovely.

Tricky

Guest Zaphod

Pretty much Carp, but I do enjoy time out doing a bit of float fishing, mainly targeting Tench.

I also enjoy small river fishing, as there is really something quite magical, spiritual alomst about them (yes I know I am a bit wierd. smile.gif ).

I have never caught a barbel frown.gif ,Which is one of my ambitions, gonna put in some real effort for one this year.

Any tips Trent.Barbeler,,!!

Del