Someone, Somewhere must know something

sue

Hi Everyone

Someone out there must be able and willing to help me to find some sanity in this fishing world. Are you the one to help? ALL I WANT IS a venue for carp fishing with lake(s) on site and accommodation on site too. I would like to visit either LANCASHIRE, OXFORDSHIRE or NORFOLK and am looking for help as we may also have a disabled angler with us. We went to DOCKLOW POOLS this year and it was great but we want to go somewhere different. Someone has mentioned the following and I wondered if any one has been to any of the places.

(1)CLAYLANDS IN LANCASHIRE

(2)HOBORNE COTSWOLD

(3)WINDY HARBOUR IN LANCS

(4)NEWTON HALL IN LANCS

PLEASE CAN ANYONE ADVISE OR AM I ASKING TOO MUCH?

ANYTHING APPRECIATED ESPECIALLY YOUR TIME IN READING THIS LONG POSTING!!!!

CHEERS

SUE

:)

[ 17. September 2005, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: sue ]

have you tried woodland waters in ancaster (not sure if it's in nottinghamshire or licolnshire!)

good complex of 4 (i think) lakes with decent fish, and log cabins to rent. the baliff is one of the best around, and there's even a pub on site!

not the sort of place i normally would fish, but i've always been pleasantly surprised when i've been

I stayed at bartles lodge near Norwich a few years ago. i thought it was good then. try the links below.

freespace.virgin.net/r.spencer/Venu.../bartlesnor.htm

http://www.norfolkcoast.co.uk/standard/AC_001246.htm

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Sue

I used to live in South Cerney Cotswold Holbourne.

The fishing there is as I expect you know gravel pits. The Cotswold Holbourne site itself is fine and of a high standard. I cannot vouch for the actual fishing quality of the lake, but I suspect it may be 'come one and all'. However the village of South Ceney has a number of very good lakes with good access. If you would be prepared to travel a few hundred yards off site. South Cerney Angling Club are the main club and have an excellent lake complex half a mile from the site. Tench are the main species in the pits but carp can be caught on one lake in particular (Wick Water), controlled by SCAC. If you are interested in more info: day tickets etc, I will be pleased to help.

Good Luck

Neil

http://www.wyresidelakes.co.uk/

Wyreside is good if you want serious carp fishing. There is a good sized coarse lake with carp in also. cabins, Caravans and camping and good on site pub serving food and lots of other fisheries in the area.

Claylands is good i understand but the lakes are quite small.

charity farm is another good one but the first 3 lakes/ponds can be cramped and busy. Depends whether you like big open spaces or not. The addition of the biggest and newest lake will help.

Email me and I will send you a copy of my book on lancashire fisheries. Its quite outdated and only in word format but is due for updating. If you want to then ask about specifics email again.

Whitmore fisheries is another can't remember whether it has caravans.

Regards,

Martin