The Beginners Question – Which tackle…..

craynerd

Chris

well well thats my neck 'o t'woods....I live in M14 :)

where do you drink Friendship lloyds bruins etc?

at the moment i'm doing most of my fishing on still waters over south manchester stockport and marple

[ 22. February 2005, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Jonah13 ]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!!!!

Just got back from the tackle shop and first let me say that Trev's Tackle 13-17, The Paddock Handforth is fantastic rated A++++!!! If you go ask for Andy, he was a fantastic help, with setup, tackle and techniques!!! I was in there chewing his ear off for over 1 hour lol !

OK so first up i wanted a rod !! So he recommended the Shakespear Ganza 13ft match rod! Budget rod, but looks very nice and he seemed to think it would be ok for me! PLUS it included a free Okuma exide reel. Not the best reel but certainly looks good enough to get me started!

Lookin on the net and the rod seems to cost £35+ with postage with RRP and most prices £50+. The reel is low end, £15. Then if i was to internet purchase it would have had postage and package on top.......so i was happy with my price of £39.99 for the two!! :-D Good enough for me!

So all in all i walked out of the store with:

Shakespear 13ft Ganza match rod

Okuma Exide Reel

2 drennan crytal floats

2 drennan still water floats

2.2lb 100m Float Fish main line

Team england 18 to 2lb4oz barbless hooks

2 1/4oz weights (for gauging the deapth)

9 Silicone float adaptors

Soft shot selection - SSG AAA BB no1 no4 no9

I`m pretty damn excited now!! lol

Need to go post office and get rod liscence.

Can anyone recommend anywhere near fallowfield where i could go and sink a few maggots tomorrow morning? I know the catch won`t be good, but i just wanna try out my new set up...i`m sure u know what its like.....lol

Chris :-D

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Rod lisence - GOT

Moggots - GOT

Tackle - GOT

I`m already for the off!,,,,,,tomorrow morning!!

Please be good weather!

Here fishy fishy.......

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Chris, do you have a landing net?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Yep :-D , fogot to to mention that,

Landing net and keep net, ne of each

Here fishy fishy.......

GOOD LUCK Craynerd, may the force be with you, (and a modicum of luck) you will need it with this weather :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Hey craynerd I have fished Bradshaw fisheries many times. you got me confused when you said bradshawgate which is in the town centre ,It is a prolific fishery and is extremely busy so early starts are a must.

when you think you know everything think again....

hi rob.i , yes as i say my uncle fishes there...i didnt know exactly what it was called! now i do, sorry for the confusion! I think i may visit there on Saturday!

Anyone any ideas of the best places to fish, near Fallowfield??

Here fishy fishy.......