One for the ladies

Tony 1

Came across this by accident, shame we don't have something like this in the UK. http://www.ladiesletsgofishing.com/

Queue the Sexist remarks. Have a look at the section Top Ten Reasons Why More Women Don't Fish, makes interesting reading

[ 11. December 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

I am afraid you won't get sexist remarks, the only time you will is if you changed the word ladies for men. Look at the Oxford College which has just voted (again) to stay a LADIES ONLY college when they have insisted that all the men's colleges become co-ed.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Yes, it is a shame that there are no UK fishing sites for us ladys...It would be nice to have a chat with another women about angling,stories etc.

Its taken me a long while to have the "Bottle" to take up fishing, and I totaly love it.I have pursuaded a friend of mine to go with me next year and give it a go! Her husband is a avid pike angler and is chuffed that she is going to give it a go with me.(Hopefully she will be another one that gets "Hooked")

Tight lines

Jean

welcome jean

haven't you come across the little uns

feathers and onions

plus orca and lyn

thats at least 6 of us.the boys had better watch out

:D judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I really mean it when I say it would be nice to see more ladies fishing and websites catering for their needs. My Wife and Daughters hate going into tackle shops because they feel uncomfortable, I think there is a real gap in the market for this sort of thing. I can count on one hand the number female anglers in my area and have a few fingers left over, my wife likes to come along when it's warm, also our daughters used to come along before they reached the it's "un-cool" age.

Glad to see this Thread has introduced you both Jean & Judy lets hope we get a few more ladies joining, you never know you may end up one day starting your own ladies go fishing uk website :)

[ 12. December 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Hello Judy and Tony :D Yes, I did have a question answered by Lyn, that was very useful, but I didnt know there was now 6 ladys on the site. I am very luck in my local tackle shop as there are 2 women assistants, and they have been great in helping me.In fact I go in more than my husband and son now! I went into the newsagents a few days ago and got the Anglers Mail Mag. The assistant thought it was for my hubby, when I told her it was for me she started laughing! (Didnt know how to take that) I told her to give it a go as she doesnt know what she is missing :D

Take care

Jean