Profiles

Guest Steve Burke

Guest Chris Plumb

My Pen Portrait...

Started fishing when my dad 1st took me at the age of 4 - I caught 7 roach. My Dad died a couple of years later and my great grandad continued my angling education for a couple of years (I still have my first reel - a 2¾ inch centre pin). By the time I was 10 my mother bought me an RDAA ticket for my birthday as I kept getting into trouble with the local baliff so she reasoned I might as well go legit!!

I've been an RDAA permit holder for exactly 30 years (I'll let you do the math!). Lived nearly all my life in the Kennet valley currently within walking distance of some prime barbel water.

Summer is spent barbelling in the evenings and tenching local still waters in the early morning. My real joy is trotting in the autumn and winter - like nothing better than the running of a centre-pin. My pb roach2lb½oz, chub6lb3oz, perch3lb1oz, dace1lb1½oz and grayling1lb14oz have all been taken trotting the Kennet with a pin.

Married for 14 years to the lovely and very understanding, Jacqui. 2 boys; Matthew,9 and Sam 7. Work as a Training & Development Officer and Business Coach for Freemans (yes - the Catalogue people).

Both my boys are getting into angling though I fear Matt may have peaked a bit early - he caught a 13lb mirror when he was 6!!

Here's a pic taken a fortnight ago on the Kennet with a 5½lb chub.

5lb%209oz%20Chub.jpg

Chris

------------------

"Study to be quiet."

[This message has been edited by Chris Plumb (edited 09 July 2001).]

Guest Julian @ fishooked

Excellent stuff!

I'm well tied up with work stuff tonight. I'll write & post mine tomorow.

Cheers.

Julian

------------------

When the sun goes down, the bite alarms will sound!

http://www.fishooked.com

Guest Dai Fish

Dai Fish (David Thomas)

Age 41

I started sea fishing in the early 70's which I enjoyed until I became disabled in 1987 (operations on both my feet went wrong). I didn't fish for many years after that but took up coarse fishing because I missed the sport so much. Although I have been fishing for about 5 years now, I haven't got into it as seriously as I would have liked, until now that is.

I have been married to Ann for 16 years and have two kids, my daughter is 14 and my son is 11. I also have a keen interest in computing which I am also learning. Until I joined Anglers Net, I had never written an email to anyone so I don't think I've done too badly so far.

Tight Lines

------------------

Dai Fish ANMC founder member

Guest paul mc

Hi all

my names paul mc nally

I was born in 1972, im from liverpool(still live there). I am an avid liverpool fan(season ticket holder).I live with my girlfriend Evonne who is not verry understanding of fishing but i dont care cos she wil never stop me lol.

I have been fishing now for about 20 years(about 15 serious years).Not caught that many big fish but my favourite is a 10Lb barbel,PB 13lb common.I normally fish lakes and ponds for tench, but i do goto rivers whenever possible for barbel chub and grayling.(about once/twice a month)

I am also in 3 clubs one that has coach trips every other sunday to diferent venues all over england so i have tried and fished most methods(not caught on them all) and have fished a lot of different venues.

I am also into cars(sad in it) and music MP3's in particular.

Hope this helps build a better picture of me

I think that life is to short to worry about and take serious.

I am service engineer which involves working on industrial compressor's(gas and air) and turbo machinery.(high speed compressor's and expanders).

------------------

Regards Paul Mc(ANMC)

[This message has been edited by paul mc (edited 10 July 2001).]

Guest bart4real

Hi, mine is at http://www.talkangling.co.uk/howdoigileswag.htm

Originally posted by Steve Burke:

We've had a lot of new members join in the last few months. However, in most cases we know little about you, and in turn you know little about the long-standing members.

Some time ago we posted fuller profiles here, and it was a good way of getting to know each other. Can I suggest we all do the same again?

To start the ball rolling you should be able to get mine at http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/introsteve.htm

Thanks for the showing me how to do the link, Leon!

Guest Bretty

Brett Harrowell-Barnard (don't laugh!!)

20 years old.

Student at the university of Leeds on 3rd year of a mechanical engineering degree. Tho i don't fish in Leeds, I fish when i can around my home town of Brackley, Northants. I'm an alround angler and enjoy beach fishing, carping, catching tench/crucian/bream and playing with match gear.

I'm a serious martial artist wiv loadsa trophies smile.gif and currently captain of the university Taekwondo club. due to take my 2nd dan in 2 weeks.

Oh and believe it or not i've got a girlfriend too tongue.gif. Me and Ellen have been together for about a year and a half. I think she shares my dream of owning a big house with a lake or more like a house with a big lake wink.gif Hopefully she will catch the fishing virus tho it's not looking too promising!

Thats it really pretty boring wink.gif

Bretty

Guest Duck-catcher

Real name Jamie, Born 71'

Originally a yorksire lad although I have lived in many different places, Middle East, Germany and now Holland.

Am married with three daughters and have been for ages(since 90'). Started working life as a salesman but was laid off so went back to school. Since then I have worked at the European Space Agency in Frankfurt and I'm now Duty manager for the Middle East, Africa and European networks for Worldcom (now the worlds largest ISP).

Started fishing in Persian Gulf and have been hooked ever since!

I don't know what it is but I also get as much a buzz from just getting my gear ready the night before!

Cheers,

Jamie.

BTW- I have had a vast amount of experience on the Net and this is one of the best sites I have encountered...It's a pleasure to visit.

Guest Roy M

OK here goes....

Roy Meincken born 1957, Living in Surrey.

First fishing trip at the age of 10 with my big brother on the River Mole. Although became serious quite a bit later.

Took a long break from fishing when I discovered girls.

Married to the gorgeous and ever supportive Janey. Two daughters, 13 + 14 - great kids.

Mostly Barbel, PB (if that's important) 10:09

Chub, ditto: 5:02

Roach, not sure but don't think I've had a 2 lb yet. Would like one though.

Love trotting the rivers from the pin, but will do a bit of Lake if pushed.

How's that lot.

Cheers,

Roy

------------------

Roy M

Guest Nutter

Nutter aka Bill Beddoes, Born 1950 and stated fishing with my father when I was 12 it was his first time as well but he didn't like it to much, he caught an eel and didn't like the slime. I continued and have been fishing ever since having the odd break every couple of years. Have tried all sorts of fishing except match as I just prefer the peace and quiet of waiting for that elusive perfect catch, hope I never do.

Married a few times but now very happy with Vickie who is very understanding. Between us we have 7 kids all grown up and living away(luverly)but they are all good kids,6 boys 1 girl (my angel).

I've worked for the NHS since leaving school and is the only work I know, tried to get them to retire me a couple of years ago after I had had a heart attack but no they said have the by-pass and you'll be OK. Fair enuogh I thought but had to find the money as it would take too long on the NHS and they wouldn't keep the job open that long.

When fishing especially when on holiday usually try and meet up with fisherman who I have known for more years than we care to remember. Should be fun next year as we will, and the wives, are going to Maderia

All the best,

Nutter.