Link from Emails

fisherman

For some unknown reason I can no longer go from a link to a web site in an Email.

All I get is a message saying,

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.

What the He## does that mean and how do I do it. :o:huh:

Easy now folks with any help as I am a true technophobe and prefer roofing. :lol::rolleyes:

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

Good to hear. What did you have to do?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Start > All Programs > Default Programs > Set Default programs > Select Internet Explorer (or Firefox etc, depending which browser you use) (highlight it) > Set This Program as Default > OK

That fixed the little minx Newt.

Thanks for replying.

No ides why it went wrong in the first place :huh:

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

I don't know the why if it either but it does seem to happen on occasion. Two suggestions for you just as a precaution.

1. Open a command prompt. It may be in your "all programs" list but if not, you can run cmd.exe. If you don't see the run option, hold down the flag key (usually to the left of the spacebar between the CTRL and ALT keys) and tap the letter "r".

Key in chkdsk /f (note the space between chkdsk and /f) and ENTER. When it tells you the job can't be done just now, answer Yes to doing it at next reboot then reboot. Chkdsk will run and fix any problems it finds then reboot you again. The process can take from minutes to over an hour but just let it run.

note: If you are running Win7 you will have to run cmd as administrator. If you have trouble, post back and I'll talk you through it.

2. Download, install, update, and run the free version of Malwarebytes.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...4-10804572.html

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President