richi

TOPE.jpg

IN PARTNERSHIP WITH

crazy_water_logo.jpg

AND

ocean_kayak_rev.gif

WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE A DEMO WEEKEND

25th-----26th-----27th JULY BETWEEN 10AM AND 5PM

AT MUDEFORD SPIT(next to the ferry pier and the Beach Cafe)

THE FULL RANGE OF OCEAN KAYAKS WILL BE THERE FOR ALL TO TRY UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF EXPERIENCED GUIDES

KAYAKS,PADDLES AND BOUYANCY VESTS WILL BE PROVIDED

THERE WILL ALSO BE FULLY RIGGED FISHING KAYAKS ON DISPLAY ON SAT/SUN

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF JOINING THE FASTEST GROWING SPORT ON THE WATER OR REQUIRE ADVICE ON PADDLING,SAFETY OR RIGGING YOUR KAYAK COME AND MEET THE CREW

ALL AGES,SEXES WELCOME.

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a commercial advertising stunt to me!

well I won't tell if you don't :secret:

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Sounds like a commercial advertising stunt to me! Can this forum be used to blatently advertise a product?

Without days like these(I held a demo weekend last year too,can't recall having a problem then :rolleyes: )for which I would like to stress that I do without payment,many people would not have a chance to demo kayaks and many that are enjoying the sport now probably wouldn't be.

All I get out of it is thanks from many people for introducing them to our sport in a safe environment under experienced guidance

Think for a minute how much you enjoy the sport.

It's all about helping people Mike ;) Giving them the chance to enjoy our sport,after all we wouldn't want to ruin the only chance that most people will get would we?

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

well I'm very glad there are demo days/weekends like these,

when I bought my first one I had to buy it blind so to speak

and did not know much about them as there was only importer

and no kayaks to try out, so thanks to Richi and others

this has been made possible to one of the fastest growing water sports

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Wish it was near me, Iv'e never seen one of these events. The South East is a bit barren when it comes to kayak events, strange really, you would think it would be the other way around, with our better weather, (sometimes).

I went to the 'biggest kayak and canoe shop in the South East' last night to buy a smaller paddle for a 9 year old.

If that's the biggest, the smallest must be very small!

These things are 2 fold. Ocean kayaks are very keen to get involved with days like these and who can blaim them, they are the uk's leading kayak supplier. Secondly You have organisers like Richi advertising our sport in his own time and for no gain.

Thats how the world works. Full marks to all involved and I hope your day is a great success.

Sounds like a commercial advertising stunt to me! Can this forum be used to blatently advertise a product?

Which is why I don't visit this site much anymore as it has morphed into "JohnsonOutdoorsNet.co.uk"!!

Richi on the other hand is genuinly trying to promote the sport of kayak fishing and doing a great job!

I think J.O. are guilty of using folk off this forum with freebies and jobs to cash in on the growing kayak fishing market!.

Can this forum be used to blatently advertise a product?

Yes. Hence all the blatant advertising that is at the top of the screen.

"Wish it was near me, Iv'e never seen one of these events."

Make your mind up. There's nothing stopping you from organising one you know.

Which is why I don't visit this site much anymore as it has morphed into "JohnsonOutdoorsNet.co.uk"!!

No it hasn't.

Richi on the other hand is genuinly trying to promote the sport of kayak fishing and doing a great job!

Right on both counts.

I think J.O. are guilty of using folk off this forum with freebies and jobs to cash in on the growing kayak fishing market!.

Before I answer the implied question, could you possibly clarify whether I am the person you mean? Last time I seem to recall you blatantly directing your venom at me and insisting that a: you didn't mention any names so i must have been mistaken and b: 'everyone who knows me knows I just speak my mind'. Yes, we know you speak your mind - lots of people do.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.