Kayak Demo Day

richi

Yes. Hence all the blatant advertising that is at the top of the screen.

Make your mind up. There's nothing stopping you from organising one you know.

No it hasn't.

Right on both counts.

Before I answer the implied question, could you possibly clarify whether I am the person you mean? Last time I seem to recall you blatantly directing your venom at me and insisting that a: you didn't mention any names so i must have been mistaken and b: 'everyone who knows me knows I just speak my mind'. Yes, we know you speak your mind - lots of people do.

Oh god not again!

My lord he doth profess too much!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, apart from all that, I was wondering if I should print up a poster, and ask my local tackle shop if I could put it in their window.

Something like, Calling all kayak anglers, lets get together, etc.

It migh provoke some interest from anglers thinking of taking up kayak angling.

The tackle shop shouldn't mind, they will get more business possibly, and it might result in a local kayak angling club in the end.

What do you think?

Anyway, apart from all that, I was wondering if I should print up a poster, and ask my local tackle shop if I could put it in their window.

Something like, Calling all kayak anglers, lets get together, etc.

It migh provoke some interest from anglers thinking of taking up kayak angling.

The tackle shop shouldn't mind, they will get more business possibly, and it might result in a local kayak angling club in the end.

What do you think?

I think it's a good idea. Also put the word out on the boards.

My lord he doth profess too much!

David - to avoid appearing an even bigger tw*tt when quoting Shakespeare, get it right: The line reads:"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Hamlet.

Edited by Mark Crame

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Just to stick my 5 eggs in , it was riche that got me started on yak fishing i saw him out there when i was shore fishing quite a few times ,

My first paddle was at last years demo weekend , ime now hooked & looking forward to the summer :rolleyes: & calm sea:s .

If it wasent for richi & his freindly bunch of mates giving up there valuable fishing time to show us the set ups ect , then i for one probably would not have followed it up ,,,,,rich,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

Which is why I don't visit this site much anymore as it has morphed into "JohnsonOutdoorsNet.co.uk"!!

Richi on the other hand is genuinly trying to promote the sport of kayak fishing and doing a great job!

I think J.O. are guilty of using folk off this forum with freebies and jobs to cash in on the growing kayak fishing market!.

make no mistake though SDD without the support of Johnsons this demo would be impossible. ;)

whether you like them or not our sport wouldn't be where it is today without their input,the other manufacturers are starting to get involved now though,Exmouth was a good example of that.

like everything,you can't please everyone all the time. :rolleyes:

At least I'll be able to please the people who have been eager to try our sport and that is what this demo day is for ;)

at the end of the day we've all got to ask ourselves "These people have all done their bit towards getting people on the water safely---have I?"

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Well I'm gonna do my bit to get girls with large breasts to take up kayak fishing, as I think they are underrepresented in this fast growing sport :P:rolleyes:

Great idea H,send them down to the demo and I'll give them the personal service ;)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Will they be exempt from wearing PFD's?

Please?

only while recieving the personal service :D -----on the water it's compulsory

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

I think it's a good idea. Also put the word out on the boards.

David - to avoid appearing an even bigger tw*tt when quoting Shakespeare, get it right: The line reads:"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Hamlet.

I know the line fine you moron! I was just tailoring it towards you!!

And yes I do mean you, it seems to me you have gained a whole heap out of JO and indeed out of this, what was once fine board, and ruined it with your endless posts of course fishing catches and photos. If you want to get personal and call me a name like above then PM me your address and we can sort it out between us!

Plain enough for ya?