Kayak Demo Day

richi

I saw some posters on the roadside on the way into work tonight saying that the RNLI had there demo day on the 27th at Muderford.Looks like it will be a good day.I might see if I can sneak away from work at lunchtime on the Sat or Sunday :D

zzippy2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we went to kayak demo dayon Saturday, i turned up in my Dorado, whilst helen took her Scupper pro, we had a great afternoon, having a splash around in kayaks we never tried before, (didnt get much time at Exmouth)

it was so good to see all the lads and lasses that use a few of the sites we belong to.

i must confess in getting payment from Andrew in the form of a cup of Coffee..... thats it ...im bought :D oh sh*t.... i forgot i have a kaskazi ....... Simon !!!! where is my Coffee ?

in all honesty, when i put the Exmouth meet together, Andrew was the 1st to offer his support and !!!!!!!!!! he got other manufactures interested too, and as everyone knows it rollercoastered from there.

I or helen did not recieve any gifts or payment of any discription relating to Exmouth or anything else to do with our sport, but i can tell you , all the reports written by the lads are honest reports , after getting to know them all , they are not affraid to say what they think, and it would be stupid for a manufacturer to ask otherwise,

maybe .. ;) if some of the other manufactures put themselves out more to learn the sport, then they might, just might, get the same publicity as OK

well done lads for the weekend, it was great fun and thanks Richi for the fishing trip, always good to see you all,

cheers

john & Helen

• 4 months later...

I , for one , would not class a "Demo Day" as just pure advertising.

Demo days are there for the public to try out a particular yak brand without the pressure of buying one.

I think they are a good idea because there a so many different brands and models out there,

so where do you go if you don't have a clue on what to buy?

Looking at them in the shop is not the best way to buy one as the assistant is there to sell you what they have in the shop,

recommendation is second best as what one person likes will be utterly useless for someone else.

Here in Australia, demo days are the norm, there is no pressure to buy, they want you to try out there yak and want you to compare it to other brands that are out there.

I think I spent a few weekends trying out so many yaks and the one that suited what I needed ended up being the Hobie Revolution 09 model.

Ordered and will be here for Jan 10. COME ON!!!! :D

Well done to you Richie.

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

I , for one , would not class a "Demo Day" as just pure advertising.

Demo days are there for the public to try out a particular yak brand without the pressure of buying one.

I think they are a good idea because there a so many different brands and models out there,

so where do you go if you don't have a clue on what to buy?

Looking at them in the shop is not the best way to buy one as the assistant is there to sell you what they have in the shop,

recommendation is second best as what one person likes will be utterly useless for someone else.

Here in Australia, demo days are the norm, there is no pressure to buy, they want you to try out there yak and want you to compare it to other brands that are out there.

I think I spent a few weekends trying out so many yaks and the one that suited what I needed ended up being the Hobie Revolution 09 model.

Ordered and will be here for Jan 10. COME ON!!!! :D

Well done to you Richie.

Keith

thanks Keith,totally agree with your comments and I will continue with my demo days ( I have been approached from other companies since they have seen the successes we had but I only have so much time and I will only demo products that I believe in)

I wish someone had been doing it when I started :rolleyes: mind you I didn't even know that forums existed back then :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph