TERRORIST ATTACK NY&PENTAGON

Guest SAMCATGETTER

Guest Leon Roskilly

My wife is American, she and our recently graduated daughter were in Boston and New York just a few weeks ago.

I can't help shake off the feeling that this is just the start of a sequence of events that only history will tell where it leads.

I hope that cool, wise, and determined minds will lead us through the terrible maze that awaits the world.

Tight Lines - leon

Been watching it all afternoon, awful.

The planning and madness that went into this

cannot be understood by a rational mind.

Alan who is Todd, and which asians were cheering?- surely not in the u.k?

Whoever they were- sick.

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Danny H

Todd is MTPINVA one of the regulars on this site from across the pond (& my adopted cuzzin).

When i got through to him on the phone he was telling me the asians were cheering in the streets i am assuming he means in his home town frown.gif

Darrel i agree with your sentiments, for to long we (the Allies,UN & Nato etc) have been to soft on terrorists & the dictators who govern the countrys they come from.

In my mind & my heart i believe it is time to make an example of the perpetrators of todays vile & cowardly attack & flatten their countrys military & goverment installations may gaia (my god) have mercy on me for this but it is the way i feel.

I have never had so much hatred run through my body than when i thought about all those innocent men,women & children who have suffered so much through this & i don't just mean the immediate victims i'm including those who have lost loved ones & parents.

These animals (sorry but i cannot associate them with humans) are not soldiers if they were they would stand up & fight like a real army would, face to face & not hide behind all this political or religious crap.

I know some may disagree with me & that is their perogative but this is my thoughts & feelings & it isn't even my country that has suffered (as of yet!)

I am expecting this to be deleated so i will finish now because i know this isn't the time or the place to vent my anger.

If i've upset anyone then i am truly sorry & hope you will forgive me

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

my sites here

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 11 September 2001).]

Originally posted by Danny H:

...which asians were cheering?- surely not in the u.k?

Whoever they were- sick.

One of the channels showed the reaction in the Arab Quarter of Jerusalem and they were out on the streets cheering and celebrating. Not unexpected perhaps as they see America as the chief supporter of Israel and an enemy of Islam.

And in response to someones query regarding the World Trade Centre being built to be plane-proof - I saw one segment that said that unlike most sky-scrapers most of the structural strength of the WTC was in the exterior walls (most have their strength in central cores) and thus it was resiliant to small planes. I would doubt though that you could build any building that tall that could survive deliberate ramming by a 100+ ton jet full of fuel going at several hundred miles an hour. Most buildings wouldn't survive the strike, but in this case it would appear that it's the resulting fires that finished the building off.

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

I have been scanning the news channels for any infomation & have just found this report.

The photo is the same one on the FBI's "most wanted" page on their web site.

Even looking at the photo you can see the evil in this mans eyes.

click here

or go here for the ITN pages (including the link to the "have your say" page)

Danny it also shows the pictures/report on the asians celebrating in jerusalem frown.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

my sites here

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 11 September 2001).]

Guest SAMCATGETTER

The towers were built to take a hit from a boeing707, but apparently the baddies knew this and hijacked larger jets.

The buildings main support columns, were to the outside of the bldgs, and along with the impacts, the fires weakened the steel supports.

Sam

Guest Dai Fish

To all our freinds in the USA please accept the thoughts of my family and myself. I have been watching on TV all day and cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could do such a thing

------------------

Dai Fish ANMC founder member

I wish Todd would come on here and clarify. I suspect it may have been "arabs" rather than "asians" if there was celebration. I also suspect it would be grossly unsafe for anyone to show joy or other inappropriate emotions in public at this point.

Our local and national news broadcasts (which have pre-empted normal programming on many TV channels) haven't reported any similar events so it was probably isolated.

The really scary part of this is the ease with which a group could do this in other countries as long as they have folks who are willing to die making a statement and who can control an aircraft for a few minutes. I doubt if the airline pilot would agree to ram a building no matter what the threat.

Any of you with access to CNN are likely as up-to-date with the few known facts as we in the US so I won't rehash any of the little that is known for sure.

I have to say that in addition to the folks in NY and DC, I feel sympathy for anyone who was on an aircraft enroute to most anywhere. No telling when the commercial flights will begin again. Most international flights into the US were diverted to Canada so lots of folks are a long way from where they want to be with no good way to get there.