TERRORIST ATTACK NY&PENTAGON

Guest SAMCATGETTER

Guest SAMCATGETTER
Originally posted by oolichan:

To Newt, Sam and all the boys down South, sad to see something so terrible happen to my neighbours. Canada is with you boys.

My sincere hope is that the US Gov't doesn't react knee jerk and engage in the killing of innocent civilians abroad.

Unfortunately(and understandably), the American public will be calling for someones head. The problem is there is no head to be had, as Bin Laden is not a National of any sort, and will not be found. Still someone will pay, and I hope it is not innocent Afghanie civilians, but come tommorow night I think it shall be. The killing of innocent people is NEVER right.

oolie

Ollichan,

Glad to have you guys on our longest border.

It is generaly known here that you northern folks are the best neighbors that any country could ask for Your support and aid is most welcome and appreciated.

I totally agree that there must be no knee jerk reactions, and certainly no killing of innocents. We must not put ourselves in the same class as the murderers that have attacked us.

However, this is not just an attack on the US but on civilization as a whole. The calls for international unity and cooperation on this are most valid, and needed.

I just heard the comments by Colin Powell, and he was right on the case. For those of you who missed it try to catch it on the rebroadcasts. Wishing that his sentiments are followed up upon.

Thanks again

Sam

Guest phil dean

I was just reading San Francisco Gate News, apparently race attacks have been started against American Muslims in the Bay area, I hope that some cool heads can start speaking soon and that the real perpetrators are found before much more fingure pointing happens, too many have suffered already, no more innocents should...I'm preying for cool heads and wise moves.

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest scoobs11

to newt etc - Deepest sympathies to our American cousins.i just hope you and all your families are ok .

i also hope someone remembers an old adage - 2 wrongs dont make a right.

i know it must be difficult to think straight now , but we have had this kind of thing going on over here for the last 30 years .on a smaller scale , and just firing indiscriminately does no one any good and certainly doesnt bring the dead back.

violence only begets violence

scoobs11

this is really not meant to give offence to anyone .

its just a request for sanity in an insane world.

Guest SAMCATGETTER
Originally posted by Paulg:

Words fail me.

Condolences to all affected by the events of 11/09/2001, which I guess means the entire population of the Earth.

PaulG

Paul,

Words have not failed you mate, good post.

Sam

Guest SAMCATGETTER

Phil,

I am not aware of any physical attacks on muslims or other ethnic groups.

It was announced that there were many muslim web sites that shut down bacause of hate mails.

This is unfortunate, as many of our Islamic citizens are good Americans, and deserve respect and should be left alone.

Sam

Deepest sympathies to our U.S. friends following this atrocity.

I thought I was getting 'disaster fatigue', but not this time. As I watch the replays of that aircraft hitting the WTC and the resulting explosion it's literally shocking to imagine the utter terror those poor souls experienced.

I sincerely hope that the US government - and ours, or any other that can help - can find it possible to get ice-cold about their military response to this. And there will be one.

My brother lives in the states and does a lot of internal flying with his company. He has just emailed me that they are all ok, he lives in LA, but told me some of his colleagues had a meeting planned for tuesday morning in the trade centre, luckily it was cancelled.

My prayers and thoughts are with all the people who have suffered.

At least my mind is at ease, i know others are still waiting.

------------------

dave kennedy USSC Angling

I am still struggling to come to terms with what has happened, my thoughts go out to those 'on the other side of the pond' who have suffered so much. A BBC reporter has just said that it is expected that casualties amongst UK citizens will run into hundreds. Not for the first time in history have our nations suffered together.

What defies belief is that a person can be so warped as to do this sort of thing, it is completely alien to our culture. It was kind of scary to hear a Palestinian on a radio programme last night explaining the dancing in the street. It went along the lines of 'The US supports Israel, every day, Israelis use U.S weapons to kill Palestinians, now we have fought back'. Some of these people think they are at war and that their methods are legitimate. That is scary, it will take more than a few cruise missiles to counter that.

What is certain is that Terrorists of every ilk have for too long taken advantage of the leniency offered by Democratic societies. There are Arab and Palestinian organisations in this country, often operating under the umberella of 'political asylum' who support yesterdays outrage. This is not meant as a swipe at the whole Palestinian community, the excesses of the few should not be used to condemn the many. During the IRA bombings of the past few decades, we were aware of active fundraising and support for the republicans in the USA. We found it distasteful, but did not for one moment believe those supporters to be typical U.S citizens. This is the kind of understanding that is needed now. Hasty action whether by outraged Governments or 'vigilantes' will do nothing but undermine our case and will help lose the moral high ground.

Today is perhaps harder than yesterday, maybe the whole thing has taken a while to sink in, perhaps it is the stories of individual tragedies that are now making the news.

May they rest in peace.

Adrian