TERRORIST ATTACK NY&PENTAGON

Guest SAMCATGETTER

Guest Oatmealjack

Not sure if this is just a rumor but the DC news said that two groups of armed arab looking assholes had been aphrended trying to board an airplane.

Sam, I hope your news is real.

Oat

Oat,

The news we got first thing this morning in the UK is that they were on a plane already, armed, and had tickets that were originally valid for Tuesday.

Elton

Guest Alan Stubbs

I've already posted my condolences both privately and publicly to all our American friends. However, I'd like them to know that at 11.00 BST today, the whole of Tunbridge Wells High Street came to a halt.

The only sound was the tolling of the church bells. A local resident was one of the very fortunate to escape from the WTC.

Our pensions are adminstered by a company in the WTC, no contact with anyone there has been made. Our owners have offices less than 200 yards from the WTC, Thank God no casualties from there. However, things are very sombre as we all know of people who were in the vicinity.

An American friend last night e-mailed the lyrics to the Beatles song 'Let it Be'. John Lennon seems strangely prescient.

Alan

------------------

ANMC Founder Member

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

I was outside the local shops at 11am when the 3 mins started.

The pub opposite was getting a delivery , the delivery men stopped at the first chime of the bells coming from the church, the landlord came out & said "c'mon lads lets get a move on" one of the delivery blokes replied "we're observing the 3 mins silence mate so you'll have to wait" the landlords reply to that was "i ain't got time for this crap its got nothing to do with us" before i could say anything the other delivery bloke said "if i were you i'd get my f**king head back in that door before it gets knocked off"

This was a banks brewery delivery & to hear such respect coming from those two men made me feel very humble because they knew they could lose their jobs for the remark they made but they still made it & for that i hold them in the greatest respect.

As i said on paltalk the other night what the evil creatures that planned this attack forgot was the simple fact that it wouldn't be just americans who would be involved in the carnage , it would be people from all nations of the world from workers on placement to tourists on holiday.

This isn't just an attack on america it is an attack on the whole world & for that they must be found & punished in true hillbilly style "an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth & a life for a life"

I know that a lot of you will disagree but that is how i feel & i know others who feel the same.

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

my sites here

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 14 September 2001).]

Guest The Tangler

I was in my local Icelands at 11am and we had the 3 min silence there.

No one complained and ALLstood quitely for it.

I'm still trying to get my head around how they can have so little regard for life to do such a thing as this.

What a tragic wast of life and to all those that have suffered a loss in this my heart goes out to you.

I only hope that time will help heal the wounds you have in your hearts and that you find the strength to carry on.

Thinking of you all.

Pete

I posted a memo on the notice board at work instructing that all personell and machinery were to stop at 11am for those who wish to observe the 3 minute silence.(which every one did)

I watched the busy market place come to a complete stand-still from my office window.

If I could put into words how I felt, I would, but I can't.

Gaffer

Guest SAMCATGETTER
Originally posted by Oatmealjack:

Not sure if this is just a rumor but the DC news said that two groups of armed arab looking assholes had been aphrended trying to board an airplane.

Sam, I hope your news is real.

Oat

Oat,

The word on the trapped police, came on a live broadcast, from a fireman who said the woman was on the phone with her husband at that time, and she was on the scene at the WTC in the back of a cab.

The fireman had notified his battalion chief, who had come to her and verified the issue. And the media said that a rescue team was being formed.

I tried to keep up on that one but fell asleep at the switch for a couple of hours, and when I woke up and watched for a couple of hours there has been no follow up.

I would expect this to be an item that would be updated every 15to20 min. But nothing.

Correct, that a group armed with knives, tried to board a plane, with tickets for a tuesday flight. Also one had a false pilots certification, and there were some posing as ground crew. One group had been IDed from airport security cameras, from films shot on tues.am, who were trying to board a plane. They had been questioned by an airline employee, and got nervous and ran.

sam

Guest Chris Playle

I was parked in the car park of one of our customers sites when I first heard of the events unfolding in New York and Washington D.C. At first I didn't believe my ears as to what was being reported. My first thought was "How the hell can something like this be happening? Surely not." I finished the job quckly and returned to work to log in to the BBC web site.

Disbelief turned to feelings of horror and sadness at the pictures I was seeing before me. Amazement that a group of people could have such blatent disregard for innocent lives.

Over the past few days I have followed the events from the U.S. Every time I see these pictures, I can't help but wonder "Who and why?" What sick individuals could inflict such pain and suffering on so many people who were doing nothing but going about their daily business unaware they were the targets of people who clearly have no place regard for life and are hell bent on putting a point across no matter the cost. Fanatics with an agenda based around bloodshed, pain and suffering.

Also in these pictures I have seen countless, selfless acts of bravery from Fire Service Officers, Police Officers, Rescue Workers, and ordinary citizens all pulling together to help those less fortunate than themselves. To those people, the world and those trapped in the wreckage owes a debt far beyond comprehension. It is a credit to these people involved in the rescue that have placed their own lives at conciderable risk and also those who lost their lives in rescue attempts. But as true heros, they do not ask to be commended for their actions, they request that the people who brought about this horrific attack be brought to justice.

To those people still looking for friends and family who will not give up hope. Every time someone is brought from the rubble alive, the world is there watching and millions of people are hoping and praying these will not be tha last to be brought out alive. Never give up hope. Miracles do happen from time to time and we all wish that those still trapped are found alive. The world is with you on this one.

To the citizens of the U.S.A. You have proven in the face of great adversity that the American people are a strong nation. To pull together as you have in the past few days shows great character and determination not to be beaten. This is the American way and has shone through like a beacon of hope to all those breieved and those still striving to locate survivors.

To those who lost their lives. May God give each soul a peaceful place in heaven and look over you until you are reunited with the ones you love in the years to come.

To all those who have lost loved ones. No one can ever know the personal loss you face. But, please take solice in the thought that the people of the world feel a deep sorrow at the events that have happened and share the grief at the lives so needlessly lost and cut so desprately short.

Those who have masterminded this horrific act must be brought to justice. There is no question of that. It is up to the world leaders to ensure that the justice befits the crime committed. If this means loss of life on the followers and people harbouring these terrorists then, my feeling is, so be it. But, haste for retribution must not overtake the right choices. We are at a point where the wrong choices could mount to a much worse situation. Those who are seen to rejoice at the suffering should be shown that such suffering will not be tolerated by those natinons who promote a free society. The actions now must show that those thinking of similar acts in the future will be severely punished.

My deepest, most heartfelt condolences to all our American friends and allies for their tragic loss. Also to all the other nations those citizens were cought up in this most horrific of incidents. Our love to you all.

Chris.

Guest SAMCATGETTER

Alan F,

Right on mate! The delivery Blokes, come in for big respect. And if they get fired I hope someone stops the landlords head before it rolls very far so someone can spit in his eye.

The hillbilly way, should be for the common lower ranked terrorists...very deadly..But the Native American, ways should be reserved for the leadership. Things like staking out an enemy, and building a very very small pine needle fire, in the naval..and slowly feeding a needle at a time for a week or more. Just enough to avoid shock, and a quick death.

Sam

Guest phil dean

Well said Chris....put far better than I could have.

It's now Thursday afternoon and I've just been reading the paper, yet again this matter has left me feeling low. What we have to remember is that these acts of a few, no matter how terrible, are only succeeding where we allow them to make us feel insecure, depressed or dejected.

What we need to focus on now is deeling with the issues that we as a world are left with:

1. Those suffering from lost loved ones as a result of terrorism

2. Those injured or maimed

3. Some agreement that using fear of attack within a people's homeland, no matter how justified the perpetrators think their actions are, will not be accepted by the global community as a whole.

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY