TERRORIST ATTACK NY&PENTAGON

Guest SAMCATGETTER

been off for a while ,but to all our american friends i and my family are thinking of you.let us hope that the vegence that must surely come ,is directed at the correct people,for once let the american military do the job they surely can.no mistakes just sure and certain action.and if they need any help im sure one or two of our guys would lend a hand.respect big al

Guest SAMCATGETTER
Originally posted by big al:

been off for a while ,but to all our american friends i and my family are thinking of you.let us hope that the vegence that must surely come ,is directed at the correct people,for once let the american military do the job they surely can.no mistakes just sure and certain action.and if they need any help im sure one or two of our guys would lend a hand.respect big al

Al,

It is the sincere hope of most Yanks that our country IS very careful, in the investigations, the pointing of the final finger, and in taking any military action that comes up.

For my part, if it isn't Bin Ladan, then I dont want a hair on his head to come to harm at this time...He can be dealt with later.

I want to see WHOEVER is responsible for NY/DC be dealt with at this time and this should be the first priority for all Americans.

The cruise missle strikes, previously against Afgan sites, was to me a big farce.

Looked to some like the Clinton, bunch was more interested in a quick result than actualy doing anything effective.

He had his plate full at the time, and sensational news reports took the heat off of him for awhile.

That was a blunder and assured Bin Ladans troops that he is invincible. Our planners must come to realise, that their fanatical philosophy must be conquered, as well as their phisical bodies.

Having maniacs that will gladly throw themselves upon our bayonets, is an old root problem, that the west has not yet addressed.

Vengence in this case may be somewhat acceptable, but mere justice itself is where the moral high ground is.

And when it comes to a scrap. I know that it wouldn't take many of you chaps to clean out the whole lot of them...But I would ask in this case that you Brits follow polite procedure, and let us yanks get in a few good shots first, before you chaps step in and tear them to rags. biggrin.gif

Also for the more feisty among you Brits, feel free to ignore my last request. I get impatient at times too. biggrin.gif

Sam

`

Guest Chris Plumb

I've just read this on my UKHRD list...

A Letter from a paramedic in New York - 457 words

Hello to all, and my apologies for my first off-topic post to this list. I wanted to add my thanks to everyone for their prayers and sympathy, and to add perhaps an encouraging word from my perspective as a paramedic here.

I work in Rockland County, just north of the City, and we were called only for backup, not to the scene itself. Unfortunately, there were so few survivors that many more paramedics were not needed. We have all lost

co-workers, friends, relatives; there is literally not a single person I know who has not lost someone. It is that big.

I have never seen people pull together so quickly and strongly, and be willing to do anything. We have seen heroics from our co-workers - the kind of things we in emergency work always think about late at night, and hope that we don't have to do.

But the real revelation has been the courage of the non-emergency people, who are "not supposed" to have to see and deal with the situations they are facing. During my shift last night, I stopped for a cup of coffee, and a man walked up to me. He was clearly exhausted, and told me that he was a Verizon

Wireless employee, who works out of the building right there at the WTC. He had spent the last two days at ground zero, with his co-workers,coordinating vehicles with equipment, to try and better locate the cell

phone calls of the people who are trapped in the rubble. They were finally sent home for the night when the area was declared unsafe. This man, who works with cell phones all day, worked next to falling body parts and

watched refrigerator trucks remove corpses, over and over. He is one of many who, with no training and experience in this kind of work, have shown what people can do when their fellow man is in danger or in pain. He asked me, "Ma'am, I'm just numb right now. Is there something wrong with me?" Out of

all the people we are treating in the aftermath of this, the hour I spent with him did the most to restore my faith. Thank you to all of you who have donated blood, money, material, and especially for the outpouring of prayer and concern. If any of you are

wondering what you would have done in this situation, I believe now more than ever that each of you would be just as strong, brave, and caring as all the people we have been privileged to be with this week. It makes me feel better, and it has redefined to me who we Americans are, and how good our friends are around the world. - Caryn Sobel **

I share this letter with you not to invite comment or response, but to hear from a person who has a real perspective on this disaster.Richard

Guest JackPike

Hi Sam thankd for all your help my cousin is safe and sound he witness the crash in DC and was one of the first on the scene my wife saw him on the TV the other day I will email you to tell you more because of his job JP

Guest SAMCATGETTER
Originally posted by JackPike:

Hi Sam thankd for all your help my cousin is safe and sound he witness the crash in DC and was one of the first on the scene my wife saw him on the TV the other day I will email you to tell you more because of his job JP

Jack'

This is good news!

Looking forward to hearing the details.

Best wishes to you and family. biggrin.gif

Sam

Guest MTP IN VA
Originally posted by Oatmealjack:

Guys, it was very nice to see Blair at the Presidents speech tonight, glad to have you guys in the fight beside us!  Oat

I'm with Oat on that one!

Todd

Guest SAMCATGETTER

Yes Mates!

Please ask Tony if He has 4to8yrs he can spare for the USA, if he retires from political life in the UK.

GWB, wont live forever!

Sam