Carp Names - A List?

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Is there a definitive list anywhere of the known big carp? i.e. their names, venue, heaviest weight, etc?

It'd make life a lot easier for us who show a passing interest when a big one is caught, but stand here scratching our heads wondering what the blinking flip "Popeye's Pet" or "Mary's Cousin Once Removed" actually is.

If there isn't a list, let's start one!

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Are you going to include those dastardly, sneaky, horrible, not-to-be-mentioned, and certainly not to be fished for (or not spoken of in public) fish imported from the "F" country?

Guest phil hackett

Newt

Do you mean those over hyped over rated and over here dastardly, sneaky, horrible, not-to-be-mentioned, and certainly not to be fished for (or not spoken of in public) fish imported from the "F" country?

Perish the thought!

Go and wash your mouth out with soap and water you naught man! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Peter Waller:

An excellent idea for carp anglers. Heaven forbid that pikers adopt the idea.

There are a few named pike, though, aren't there? The big one at Swangey is called something or other.

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Peter Waller:

Must be by some carpers who have swopped their boilies for a dead-bait, can't be real pikers!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I believe that the now deceased one from Bluebell was known as Bloodyelllookatthesizeofthatbugger!

Originally posted by Elton:

I believe that the now deceased one from Bluebell was known as Bloodyelllookatthesizeofthatbugger!

That was it's name when it broke off. When landed, it was called The Tiddler or, on occasion, Almost A Jack.