Mother Christmas is getting me a centre pin

Tangled

Don't do it, the centrepin syndrome will strike and you will forever be finding excuses to buy more centrepins...hehehe

But if I cant persuade you not to buy it as a novice its best to buy new. Just ask the rest of the afflicted on here how many pins they each own if you can get then to admit how many, its so bad that I am thinking of starting a charity called pinheads anonymous for centrepin syndrome sufferers.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Don't do it, the centrepin syndrome will strike and you will forever be finding excuses to buy more centrepins...hehehe

But if I cant persuade you not to buy it as a novice its best to buy new. Just ask the rest of the afflicted on here how many pins they each own if you can get then to admit how many, its so bad that I am thinking of starting a charity called pinheads anonymous for centrepin syndrome sufferers.

Too late I experienced my first spin in the privacy of my own house on Weds, and I think I'm now going to have to carry on doing it outside in public next week.

Dave

Edited by Tangled

Oh well! too late now, you have the bug...hehehe

You have chosen a good pin I hope you have a lifetime of pleasure from it.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Too late I experienced my first spin in the privacy of my own house on Weds, and I think I'm now going to have to carry on doing it outside in public next week.

Dave

Repeat after me 'My names Dave and I'm a pinhead' and then sit cross legged chanting the mantra 'I will only need the one centrepin, I will only need the one centrepin OMMMMMM'. Otherwise you'll be like the rest of us, buying centrepins to just to try out and then needing a new house to accommodate them all. Or maybe that's just me.

On the other hand you may hate it. If so, let me know and I'll have that Adcock Stanton off you that I missed.

EDIT (typo).

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

post-13325-1325112586_thumb.jpgManaged 3 trips out with my 'pin beginning of last week

Sunday local club lake that the water was so low and the banks so high a rods length out was not in the water so after 1 1/2 hours gave up as most of my attempts at casting were not in the water.

Tuesday day ticket water that I knew that I would probably catch something at a rods length out but during the day I was getting about 20 yds out occassionally by pulling two loops of line back and pulling bottom loop to start the pin turning as casting. I also tried to start the pin turning with a flick of my thumb as casting but couldn't time it correctly.Probably caught 30+ small roach and perch and even photgraphed my 1st fish in the correct situation for centre pin user.Non of the fish posed any difficulty in landing or getting used to back winding.

Wed couple of hours on small river trotting. [NOW] I know what a centre pin is for so much easier than a fixed spool had 1 fish on for a couple of secs but as thinking about reeling in shook the hook out.

post-13325-1325112586_thumb.jpg

I said they were small :D

post-13325-1325112624_thumb.jpg

This one was slightly bigger.

Dave