taers/tears/tares?

Guest new mike

Guest new mike

I have been given afew Kgs of Tares? could anyone please tell me the best way to prepare and use them, ive been told they are v/good for Roach?

Guest Darth_codhead

Yep thay are GOOD for Roach i used them for the first time to day and i used them for 3h from 12.30 to 3.30 i whished i had used them at the start of the day (07.00) i had 10+ of roach most about 1lb

i will cook them the same as hemp next time ( not in with the hemp as i did to day)

i will be back there soon

ps i left at 3.30 cos i never took my cap and i got a bad head

Good luck with the Tares

------------------

Sheffield online sea fishing club

http://www.geocities.com/darth_codhead/index.html

Darth

Guest Keith

Firstly, you'll speed up the process by soaking them overnight.

Then, put your tares into an old pan, cover 'em with water and begin to the boil.

It takes up to 30-35 minutes to cook them through: around that time, fish the odd one out and give it a squeeze - it should just "give" a little, meaning that it'll be soft enough to put a hook into.

Pour the contents of the pan into a sieve and rinse under cold water - job done.

They freeze well too.

Fish them on a hook big enough to allow the point to be clear of the bait (a 16 or 18), and feed hemp.

Tares are usually a slow bait, so stick at it because when the roach do switch onto them, you'll get the biggest fish in the shoal, and a lot of 'em!

------------------

Yours,

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk