Last summers floods

Guest Darth_codhead

Guest Darth_codhead

yesterday was the 16th start of the new season???????

when you all got down to the rivers to fish at your favorite peg with the intent to bag up where the the same amount of fish there.

i think that all the floods last year must have moved all or most of the fish a long way down the river if not killed a lot of them off from droping them on to what is now dry land, some of you will of been lucky a dead part of the river could now be full of fish ponds that where near rivers have the fish moved in to the river

The floods must have done some damage to the rivers

let me no if you think the same as me

------------------

Sheffield online sea fishing club

http://www.geocities.com/darth_codhead/index.html

Darth

Guest Steve Burke

I'm sure the floods have had an effect - adverse or otherwise.

At Wingham I've been lucky as my pits didn't flood. Additionally the river has been scoured clean of much of its silt and now looks like a proper chalk stream.

However, the features are completely different to before the floods. If your rivers are affected you may have to learn them all over again!

Other waters locally haven't been so lucky. Indeed, many have lost a lot of fish with even big carp bing found dead in Sandwich Bay! frown.gif

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Umber

The river I fish has changed completely, new members are on a par with old hands, having to relearn the water. Old favourite spots have altered beyond recognition or gone completely, new holes and gravel banks have appeared old ones have gone. Loads of trees down etc so lots of work to be done when FM

lets up. We will know more about the fish situation when we can fish it again.