Strange, unexpected captures?

Guest mpbdsnu

Guest GARYD

I have caught two strange things my best was a large pike 10lb plus on luncheon meat while barbeling.This raises a question that purhaps Pike hoover up all the free offerings of luncheon meat/maggots that are on the bottom and if someone was using a light mono I wonder how many people would just get snapped off and think they had lost a barbel???????

The other strange thing I have caught is a number of salmon one on a mackeral tail dead-bait and all the others while wobbling sprats which is more understanable.

Kind Regards

GARY

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

The wife caught a rat while floating bread for carp it even came up from underneath it just like a carp would!(do ya think it could've been having an identity crisis?) biggrin.gif

I've caught a seagull (or is it landgull?) while floating bread i thoght it was funny at first, till i realised how big it bl**dy was as i wound it in(down??) the wing span on those things are HUGE well it was on this bu*ger eek.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Mike_pk_Waters

Does hooking your brother in law whilst spinning for perch count. One hell of a fight, but I got the mepps back cause the nice doctor who unhooked him was an angler. He weighed in at 206lb and was returned alived.(My sister said I should have killed and stuffed him)

Guest Kitson

I once caught a tennis ball - a bit mouldy, but it must of been stuck in the silt, I thought I was into a big one as it was moving very slowly.

Unfortunately I didnt manage to get the a matching Racket!.

Guest Rob Ward

A mate of mine caught a 200lb green suited monster called Steve Knowles one night when Carping.

Needless to say, Steve was none too pleased.

Guest Paul Williams

I've caught pike on a variety of none pedunkle baits......bream on a spinner.....etc etc, but the funniest thing i saw was my mate trying to work out what the hell he had hooked and played on reservior with a strong undertow whilst we were piking......it turned out to be a big green umberalla...in the up position.......it pulled back and took line as he "played" it.....i dread to think what we would have put it down to if we had not seen it!!!!!

Guest andrew.thomas38

8oz grayling on a bloody great lump of meat. Very pretty but not a substitute for a 10lb barbel!!

Guest paul mc
Originally posted by Rob Ward:

A mate of mine caught a 200lb green suited monster called Steve Knowles one night when Carping.

hi rob do you fish halsnead park(B.I.C.C) in Whiston.There is a fella who fishes there called steve knowles as well

regards paul mc

Guest Gav Walker

I have caught 2 cormorants this season already on loch Ken,a couple of years ago I caught a teal on a mackerel,but about 10 years ago I was fishing for eels or flatties in my local docks when I caught-wait for it-a 1lb octopus.No, honestly.It had a mouth like a parrot's beak and it squirted ink over my shoes before crawling down the harbour wall itself.

------------------

Gav