Woodlands View

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Just had an email asking me for some information on "Woodlands View (Preston Innovations).

Can anyone help? eek.gif

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Keith

Elton,

this is from Preston's own site:

Woodland View

This venue at Hadley in Worcestershire is used for many prestigious match finals and has a loyal following from all over the country. Five lakes and 140 of the country's best match pegs.

Contact Number: 01905 620872.

Not a HUGE amount of info - but at least there's a phone number the enquirer can use...

------------------

Yours,

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

Guest bart4real

Hello,

At Woodland View there are 4 pools, which are used for the majority of matches Arles, High Pool and the two Deans pools (front and back).I don't tend to fish it in the summer months because it can be quite expensive regarding bait. Most of the matches are won by fishing chopped worm and caster via a small pole pot, which is permenantly on the pole (Kinder egg pots. The bait limit was about 10 pints of caster and a kilo of worms and I know a few anglers who will use that but it is best to check what restrictions there are first. There is an overall limit on the length of pole to be used too, which is 14.5 metres. Meat and corn work too but it is predominantly worm and caster as there are good weights of tench and crucian carp to caught off most pegs by fishing down the edge. High pool is very deep with depths of 14 feet but this is where you would want to draw because anglers fishing shallow on the pole land some very big carp from here. 16 and 17lb fish are not uncommon. The good pegs tend to vary depending on wind direction on this pool. The same can be said for Arles but the consistent areas tend to be from pegs 2 to about 18 but this too can change (Arles). As for Deans pools, the corner pegs are usually better because they are shallower. On the back Deans, Pegs 49, 47, 64 and 34 I think are the corner pegs but I am not 100% sure. On these pegs it is best to fish as long as you can with the pole up to the rushes. Waggler and straight lead can also score here, while feeding a line staight out in front with worm and caster. Front Deans fishes better in the middle of the pool with pegs 6 - 12 or 22-28 opposite, but this is only a rough guide. It is best to ask first. I am not a regular visitor in the summer and some of this info may be slightly out so always check with Mike Mason or any of the locals. I hope this helps!

Originally posted by Elton:

Just had an email asking me for some information on "Woodlands View (Preston Innovations).

Can anyone help?  eek.gif

Tight lines,

Elton