WHY have roach?

Guest FisheR1

Guest FisheR1

and small fished started to pick at meat when on the float ,,,,years ago they would not look at meat but now they love it!

on the weekend i went to hampton springs and all day i got the little fish wreaking my head,,,,,it was very annoying!

Guest DerwentBob

Some of us are less than happy when Carp take our Tench bait or Barbel move the Chub out of a swim but that's fishing, the rough comes with the smooth.

Guest dave k

Little fish do grow bigger smile.gif

If you are worried about catching all the small fish, try experimenting with baits.

Whatever you do, dont start treating the small fish you catch with no respect frown.gif

start fishing for them with the right tackle and you will have fun smile.gif

We all like to catch big fish, but somtimes targeting just "specimins" takes the enjoyment out of fishing.

enjoy the ocasion and chill out. i go fishing to relax and unwind, somtimes catching a fish is a bonus biggrin.gif

------------------

dave kennedy USSC Angling

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Why NOT have roach??

If like me you have kids then teaching them the joys of angling is second only to seeing them catch thier PB!

The roach is always there & this "little" fish is one of the first most kids in fact most newcomers catch & why? Because they're there & because they live in shoals where theres one there'll be another!

I love fishing & as i've said on these forums before i honestly don't care if i catch or not its being on the bank that counts for me & if i catch a roach or even a gudgeon its a bonus because i've caught!

Next time you go fishing try chucking maggots in the swim because it will ATTRACT the smaller silver fish & as they go into a feeding frenzie they will attract the larger fish this always works for me when i'm after the larger species! smile.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 18 June 2001).]

Guest Steve Randles
Originally posted by FisheR1:

and small fished started to pick at meat when on the float ,,,,years ago they would not look at meat but now they love it!

on the weekend i went to hampton springs and all day i got the little fish wreaking my head,,,,,it was very annoying!

I'm sorry to burst your bubble....very silly post....

------------------

Tight Lines,Steve Randles

Anglers Rest

mailto:Anglersrest@go-fishing.co.ukAnglersrest@go-fishing.co.uk