Why do matchmen/women wear blue?

Guest Gaffer

Guest Steve Burke

The fact that you catch something when wearing bright clothing isn't the point. Instead, just ask yourself how much more you'd catch if you wear something inconspicuous. I can tell you from experience that the answer is a whole lot more - especially when it comes to big fish!

Don't kid yourself it's just down to movement. Yes, movement makes it a very much worse. But movement of a natural background colour is much less likely to spook the fish than movement of a contrasting colour. And I've yet to meet anyone who can stay perfectly still for very long!

Obviously some anglers are more concerned with their image than what they catch. If that makes them happy, then fine.

But just don't stand behind me in a white shirt - please!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest rondo
Originally posted by FishinMad2001:

We dont all wear blue??!! I think your a bit confused Gaffer. Did you see matchmen/women wearing blue in pictures or in real life? In my part of the country match fishing is big (Ireland. I havent seen any matchmen/women or even teams (come to think of it i do know a team that wears blue!) wearing blue, but maybe round England its common!

I can think of one suit off the top of my head "TEAM MILO" . Quite a cheeky Blue

Rondo

Guest Keith

Completely off the subject but...

this is a weird thread in that it has apparently had 11 replies (12 inc. this one), yet only 6 views!

Is that possible? Doesn't posting to a thread involve viewing it?

Computers, eh?

------------------

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

Guest paul mc

Hi Keith

I might be wrong but i think it has something to do with the views counter type thing was aplied after this thread started, so it may have already had views when the counter read zero.

------------------

Regards Paul Mc ANMC