carp rods

Guest jackster

Guest jackster

does anyone know anything about the carp rod being made by a company called decathlon, i think its called the carp100, i have heard they are pretty good and quite cheep,any advice would be good.

Guest DerwentBob

Decathlon are the bane of my angling at the moment. They sell dirt cheap boilies that even kids can buy in quantity (4-5kg) for prebaiting. You can't sit for five minutes at Mapperley without at least four or five people wellying spods out or using a throwing stick to bait an area fifty feet in diameter. I've even seen someone finish prebaiting a spot with a good 8 kilos then ten minutes later another spotty kid comes along and wangs a further five kilos in. I told him that someone had already baited it and he looked at me as if I was stupid and proceeded to empty his bucket by the spodload.

Cheap boilies - BAH!

Guest simonford

Cheap boilies=Bad bait in my eyes.

I don`t and will never skip on the cost of bait due to the fishes health being at stake.

------------------

Simon Ford

Guest Zaphod

Back to the rods..

I had a look at thier range an a Decathlon store in Surrey quays. They seemed to be very good value, and some were on sale.

Definately worth a look if one is on a tight budget..!!

------------------

Zaphods just 'zis guy, you know..!

Guest Elton
Originally posted by simonford:

Cheap boilies=Bad bait in my eyes.

I don`t and will never skip on the cost of bait due to the fishes health being at stake.

I think there may be others who disagree with you here. I am constantly hearing about "anglers being ripped off". Is there any chance that some companies are trying to offer "value for money".

If they're reading this, they'll probably decide that the best thing to do is to continue making bait as cheaply as possible, but sell it at massively inflated prices for fear of it being labelled as "Bad bait".

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Steve Burke

I can't comment on Decathalon's boilies as I know nothing about them. However, the reason their rods are so inexpensive is that they buy them in huge volume direct from the manufacturer - so there's no middle man.

The reason it can do this is that Decathalon is a massive company; in fact I believe they're France's if not Europe's biggest sports retailer. Their stores are simply huge and cover just about every sport you can think off.

Whether this is good for the tackle trade and us anglers remains to be seen. It could mean lower prices, but it may mean the closure of a lot of small shops.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm