Bitten to death..

Guest adamg

Guest adamg

Mossies, what more need I say.. I was bitten to death last night wandering around my local lake!

In the Caribbean on I saw a local lady take pity on a tourist who had been bitten hundreds of times by these little blighters, she used Vic’s Vapour rub on the tourist's bites to sooth the pain and reduce the swelling. Speaking to the tourist a couple of days later all the bites had gone and she could believe how effective it was..

Does any one else have any special little secrets for keeping them at bay? Are these Candle jobbies really any good?

Looking forward to a bite free season ;-)

Adamg

Guest biteless1

yeah i take the wife they just love her,she's got monkey blood reasuss negative best mossie attractant i know

Guest Gray-Catchpole

one i find very usefull, for all sorts is albas oil.

one tip though, if your a drinker, they will go for you even more, its all about suger level in your blood, and if your like me a cider drinker its ten times worse, so i generally dont drink the night before a trip out.

------------------

Email:

Guest stoney

Try a touch of Lavender oil dabbed on your ankles, they hate the stuff

------------------

"see ya soon"

stoney

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Guest activeviii

a good meal with lots of garlic in it the night before and smoke alot when your there.

------------------

...phil...

keep it tight.

Guest Elton
Originally posted by activeviii:

a good meal with lots of garlic in it the night before and smoke alot when your there.

Sheesh, Phil, I'm glad i don't have to share a bivvy with you! tongue.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest activeviii

you want to come around after i have a curry !!!LOL

------------------

...phil...

keep it tight.

Guest Nutter
Originally posted by adamg:

Hi admag,

In Aussie land they swear that eating Veggiemite on a regular basis keeps the pesky things away. On that assumption I would imagine that Marmite or Bovril would have the same effect. The only thing is is that I have know idea how long before you go fishing do you have to eat the stuff, if the T.V. adverts are anything to go by not everyone likes the stuff!!

Nutter

Guest David Johnson
Originally posted by Nutter:
Originally posted by adamg:

Hi admag,

In Aussie land they swear that eating Veggiemite on a regular basis keeps the pesky things away. On that assumption I would imagine that Marmite or Bovril would have the same effect. The only thing is is that I have know idea how long before you go fishing do you have to eat the stuff, if the T.V. adverts are anything to go by not everyone likes the stuff!!

Nutter

Yeah,

It's vitamin B (12 I think) in marmite etc that makes your blood taste nasty. I took this for one week, prior to a visit to the caribbean, and was hardy touched. It's a long term strategy though, as the vitamin takes a while to reach an active blood concentration.

DJ