John Wilson, how could you?

Guest Peter Waller

Guest sevinpies7

Well Pete

What a load of nonsense you wrote.

John has forgotten more about fish care than you will ever know.It's the Carp anglers you should be knocking,asleep in their bivvies while a carp catches itself,and then wakes them up by setting off their alarms.

They should all be banned from angling.And don't doubt John's ability to hear the line being pulled from that elastic band,the float is only there to suspend the bait,but you already know that,being a world famous angler that you are (NOT).

Guest Paul Williams

Peter,

You have fished for pike for a long time, you MUST have used two or more floats at times and you MUST have taken your eyes away from them at sometime or do you have eyes were the rest of us don't......i am all for the general welfare of fish.....but all this slagging off of others by some of you lot who use this sight is way out of line...why bother going fishing in the first place if you are so concerned.

Paul...on the verge of turning this site off because of the whinging!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Gaffer

Guys, guys, guys, IMO this is a good thread, as a non-pike angler I've learnt things from this thread already, it'd be a shame to close it! wink.gif

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

Guest Paul Williams

Point taken Gaffer, but at the end of the day i ain't perfect enough to be in the company of some!!..... :roll eyes:

Guest euan pink

thats right listen to gaffer.

everybody may have an opinion and express it just because you do not like the opinion it does not give you the right to get abusive with people.

if it was about anybody else everyone would agree as in my opinion the opinion of peter`s is a valid one,i know i cannot see a float behind me dip and i cannot hear a band ping if the float is moving towards me!

think about the comments seperatly then think of john wilsons position.

i started reading john wilsons biography,it started good but as he became famous it seemed that a change occured he sacked the director of go fishing and done it himself"ego" he plugged every business he has heavily in the book "£££££" and he admits to ilegal stocking of fish "i believe it was grass carp"if my memory serves me well.

wow what a role model.

in my opinion there`s far better fishing programmes than go fishing.

ohh and as for comparing john wilson to bernard venables that is just too ridiculous to pass comment on,there can be only one.

Guest Paul Williams

I don't give a damn about JW, but i live in the world of imperfect people and yes i am guilty of taking my eye off my pike float whilst talking to a mate.......but you know what? i can't remember the last time i deep hooked a pike! and yes i have caught a few.

I'm not saying JW is right!! i'm saying none of us are perfect!! and those who claim to be must talk more about fishing than actually doing it!

The problem with all this is that pikers in boats with two or three rods are all being tarred with the same brush, it's the all bikers are bad syndrome.....ban em all from our roads and pubs!

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Sorry but John Wilson is one of my hero's & I don't know of ANY angler who can honestly say that they have fished with one rod let alone two without looking away from thier float!

As i've said before i don't target any fish i'm just an angler who loves to catch, it doesn't matter what species it is or how big it is!

Yes i will agree that not paying attention to your float is bad but to slate a man who has done so much for our sport is no way to show gratitude for his efforts! frown.gif

Do you honestly think that non of the other angling greats have ever done the same thing?

yes i know this is a pike you're talking about but i'm quite sure IF the need arose JW would have been able to deal with a deep hooked pike like you said Peter he is one of "the greats" & he didn't get there by not knowing what he's doing!!

sevinpies 7 perhaps your reply was a bit uncalled for we are ALL world class anglers but there will always be someone better & yes i do agree with you about the "Crap Yob" style of carp fishing i always thought it was illeagal to leave your baits in the water unattended & if they're asleep surely that means they're unattended? confused.gif

As for the bite alarms you are once again correct there is nothing more annoying than sitting in your swim late at night/early in the morning and hearing the screech or beeeeeeeeeeep of a damned bite alarm going off mad.gifmad.gif i was always taught to remain quiet on the bank but these "instant anglers" or "crap yobs" obviously went to a different school of angling than I frown.gif

Before anyone go's off like a shotgun i have nothing against the "real" carp anglers i just don't like the sort who scowl when the fish they get is to light/small or the wrong species!!

OK rant over now sitting back waiting for the shots to ring out tongue.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 20 June 2001).]

Guest Gray-Catchpole

mmm i know what you mean, while i was fishing the other day, a guy caught a carp 13.6 lb, i gave him my card and asked if he would mind me taking a picture for the website " F*** off you must be joking, this wasnt worth pulling out of the water, i tell you what come back in an hour and il have somthing for you" needles to say i didnt go back.

as for jw, he in our opinion, made a mistake, having control over the editing and final result of the program, obviously didnt see any problem, and left the section in.

------------------

Email:

Guest euan pink

i think some people are getting the wrong end of the stick here,yes you are right everybody does take there eyes off a float.but but the things you describe take your attention for a short while,yes you can be in a boat 3 rods out and see all 3,but the problem is if any are behind you and get ignored for long periods.

also who said anything about being a fantastic angler,this forum is good as it highlights things that you may overlook or not think of so it will improve user`s fishing.

fortunatly i can say when i go fishing i am happy to catch any fish.i am not a big fish yob or tackle tart just someone who loves to fish.

Guest poledark

Just thought I'd poke my nose in here, what would have happened if He had hooked one on the lure rod and one on the float at the same time? I will wash the spoon now and put it back in the drawer.

poledark wink.gif