Worst waste of money

Pangolin

A Shakespeare 20ft float rod that I bought about 6 years ago for a match on a water which had 15ft swims.

I won the match but the prize payout was less than the rod cost and Ive never used it since.

:lol: Had to laugh mate as thats such a familiar story! Ive got a couple of "must have" items that I brought for specific jobs and have never needed since!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I've done that. I used to fish a lake which had a lot of big catfish in, and bought a pair of 3lb tc rods and big pit reels so I was kitted out for them. Cost = over £300, and I didn't have much money. Foolish. I then moved to Oxford, having used them once and blanked.

So now I have an expensive 'spod rod' and 'marker rod' set-up, and look like an idiot carper :P

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Probably 99.9% of the cheap hooks I've bought in the past. One thing you can't scrimp on...

Oh and a cheap backbite alarm I bought from a car boot sale, you'd have to have a Marlin charging towards you having caught it on QE2 rope for it to register.

Edited by dant

Suffix Herculine! Lethal stuff, absolutely lethal.

I have only ever regreted buying one rod and that was a John Wilson Six-Shooter. Horrible thing :( but it was the only generally available, reasonably priced baitcaster at the time.

<small>[ 08. April 2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]</small>

Peter

i've used the Herculine braid for lure fishing and it was a nightmare. I must have had to sort out at least half a dozen wind knots every time I went out.

I now use it exclusively in the garden for tying plants. About all it's good for IMHO!!!

James

"if i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer!"

• 2 weeks later...