Okuma Avensis Centrepin

Dick Dastardly

Times is hard and I have decided to sell off my two favourite pins! (old match areial and relatively new Dave Swallow) favourite but grossley overpriced! I will still have my old leeds but as its getting a bit battered now my mrs (in kind recognition of the sacrifice Im making!)has agreed I can use part of the money raised to get one of the new (but a lot,lot cheaper) Okuma pins all seem to be raving about!Makes sense I suppose :confused: :( So now Ive bit the bullet where is the best place to get one from (er best price I supose I mean!) to save me trawling the net?

Oh and to help ease my pain have I done a sensible thing or will I live to regret it :confused: :)

[ 01. February 2005, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Budgie the one you want is the Pro version it's priced at about the £90 mark wherever you look don't bother with the cheaper one...

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Budgie if you can wait until after the Itchen bash, then you can have a play with my Okuma before deciding to buy one or not. I tried to find the email address of the guy that sold it to me for 64 quid, but cant. Perhaps Rudd might still have it, he bought one from the same bloke.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I bought mine from Angling Direct for £74.00. They do do mail order. Brillient, I am so pleased with mine.

Yes, you have done the right thing. I also have a Stanton and a Youngs Aerial, both of which will now go into retirement.

[ 01. February 2005, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Both of the reels are sold allready.The Areial went for £275 and the Swallow for £150.The Areial went to a local collector who had been pestering me about it for many years after seeing me use it on the Stour one winters day.He reckoned it was in far to good a condition to fish with! His mate brought the Swallow when they both came around to get the first reel!A bit sad to see the Areial go as Ive had it a long time,picked it up when I was into the match fishing in the 80's but no great attachment to the Dave Swallow reel other than it was a good tool.

Sorry the reel is the Aventa Pro.

Rudd if you still have the contact information I would be most grateful.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!