Watch out for simple Identity Theft

Lid

because they sent details to an unchecked address or didnt check any ID shown to obtain the card to see if its real ,it takes 6 bits of ID just to get a rent rebate from our council nevermind the bank.

trouble is theres nothing that cannot be faked hence i dont agree with the UK ID card proposals its just putting all the eggs in one basket ,theres nothing available that can prove 100% you are you even parents can be faked!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clear, I didn't give my PIN to anyone and I do not believe I have been observed using it so that it can be recorded by criminals.

The bank said they sent my existing PIN to the fraudster at their request to the new address that they changed my account to. They also sent out a new card to the same address, apparently automatically, as it is not long to my expiry date!

As it happens nothing came of all this (touch wood), because the account was frozen before the criminals got my PIN; allegedly!

OK I get it now. The Bank was WRONG to accept a change of address without Lid going in person to the bank and filling in a form. Last time I moved a phone call was not enough, I had to go to a branch and fill in a form.

Did they take any money out Lid? if not it was just a question of time.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

because they sent details to an unchecked address or didnt check any ID shown to obtain the card to see if its real ,it takes 6 bits of ID just to get a rent rebate from our council nevermind the bank.

trouble is theres nothing that cannot be faked hence i dont agree with the UK ID card proposals its just putting all the eggs in one basket ,theres nothing available that can prove 100% you are you even parents can be faked!

I'm against the ID card scheme too, mostly because if civil liberties issues and because I doubt that the government could ever pull off an IT project that big.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

they probably could but you can bet most of the data would be pulled of pretty quick by those that want it for criminal purposes ,if ofcourse the gov didnt sell it to third parties first :D

makes you laugh theres warnings everywhere about hiding you pin when you enter it but the bank posts it to any tom dick or harry that asks for it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Regarding PINs in France you cannot change it here at all?? BUT I have certainly not heard of any bother either!

But I do if I shop online have an option for which I paid I think a WHOLE €1.50! In which the bank will give me a TEMPORARY pin that is for just the ONE transaction and I have to also say WHERE and WHEN I will use it. The pin is then invalid. Works for me.

But well done Lid for legging the buggers up!! Bit of luck eh?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

GOLDEN RULE: Never trust a phone call

When "BANK" phone me I refuse to talk and say "I will ring you back"

Then I am 100% sure who I am talking to.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Did they take any money out Lid? if not it was just a question of time.

No money taken apart from the approx 50p test transaction they made, so I am told. The bank's fraud team say they picked it up before the PIN letter and new card arrived. Interestingly when I rang back today to ask more details, the chap only asked for my (now cancelled) card number - no other id was requested from me at all; not even my name!

GOLDEN RULE: Never trust a phone call

When "BANK" phone me I refuse to talk and say "I will ring you back"

Then I am 100% sure who I am talking to.

i never talk to anyone i dont know when it gets beyond idle conversation ,i dont even ring the bank back they can send letters i'm sure.

my motto is if they'r that desperate to speak to me they can knock on my door and if they want to they will need an appointment to do so .

i need a brass sign on my gate

BUGGER OFF UNLESS YOUR RELATED

Edited by chesters1

Just received this.. The clincher was I don't have an account with them. Email page looks legit though..

Dear Customer,

We are currently updating our online banking services,

and due to this upgrade we sincerely call your attention to follow

below link and reconfirm your online account details. Failure to

confirm the online banking details will suspend you from accessing your

account online.

Due to this, you are requested to follow the provided steps

and confirm your Online Banking details for the safety of your Accounts.

Click Here

We use the latest security SSL measures to ensure that your online banking

experience is safe and secure. The administration asks you to accept our

apologies for the inconvenience caused and expresses gratitude for cooperation.

Thanks for your co-operation,

Halifax Bank Plc.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland

No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ.

I like your sign Chesters

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...