Where would you emigrate to for weather/fishing?

fruitloopy

It`s got to be Florida, the keys for numerous species and the lakes for bass & gators

Just be sure during hurricane season that you head north plenty early since by the time you know a storm is headed your way, the roads are usually closed and you can't get to the mainland.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless you were after the gold ,the fishing aspect is probably ok (if theres tench) but little else

We do have in our defence more carp fer acre of water than anyplace in the world. and they are Rarely fished for here. Good Huge European Decent Wild Carp.

For weather I dont care one way or another I have lived in the Hot weather of Florida and the Cold of the American Northern Mid-West. For fishing I actually like it here In Indiana where I live now. But Id like to try out Spain or France for Big Carp and Wels!

It`s got to be Florida, the keys for numerous species and the lakes for bass & gators

Its Over rated I lived there for over 8 years till recently. Its all nearly Private owned no bank fishing much anymore you Have to have a boat. then there is Salt water if you want to bother with that kind of thing. The Mid west of america is actually better if you are a carp and cat fish nut.

Just be sure during hurricane season that you head north plenty early since by the time you know a storm is headed your way, the roads are usually closed and you can't get to the mainland.

You bet Newt, been in that situation a couple of times and its pretty hairy to say the least! :o The fishing outweighs the danger though, batton down the hatches!

spasmodic effect

Its Over rated I lived there for over 8 years till recently. Its all nearly Private owned no bank fishing much anymore you Have to have a boat. then there is Salt water if you want to bother with that kind of thing. The Mid west of america is actually better if you are a carp and cat fish nut.

The Mid West is defo on my list! Here kitty kitty! :lol:

spasmodic effect

OI OI,

Well if i had to emigrate it would have to be Aderlaid in australia, Try & find family.

.whats the fishing like in & around their BOBI.? But my age & disability iv'e got no chance LOL

:wheelchair::wheelchair::wheelchair:

G'day mate, Adelaide has the Torrens river running through it. In the freshwater on can catch redfin, carp and, in the Adelaide Hills area a few small trout.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/mtaj/lbf-m1.html

Never sell yourself short, Bill, or should I say, "OI OI" :P It isn't impossible to fish certain places; take, for instance, Mackay has a "jetty" designed for wheelchair fishos. And age, depends on your attitude and resolve to 'have a go'.

All the best, mate.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Already done it. Went to live in Belize CA in Jan 89. Got 60 odd miles of river on my doorstep a 15 mile long lagoon, big tarpon,catfish, and a short trip out to the cayes for relaxation/sea fishing bonefish permit etc plus sunshine B)

Already done it. Went to live in Belize CA in Jan 89. Got 60 odd miles of river on my doorstep a 15 mile long lagoon, big tarpon,catfish, and a short trip out to the cayes for relaxation/sea fishing bonefish permit etc plus sunshine B)

Got a video called "A River Somewhere" and the two blokes that made the video, went to Belize, fishing for the bones, barracuda and tarpon, using fly gear...Brilliant!!

Permit are not really targetted in Australia, dunno why; they put up a magnificent fight.

http://www.fishingcairns.com.au/fish25.html

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• 2 months later...