Two Tone gets fatter

Peter M

Hey, Malc, we agree!

But take away the exaggeration then perhaps it goes some way to explaining the gulf between SOME carpers and SOME anglers of other species.

The nuisance fish saga has hardly helped the situation though. 'Tis only bootlace eels that deserve the tag of 'nuisance'!

[ 22. September 2005, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt:

Where is it written that

1 - my fishing has to suit you

2 - you have any right to belittle my chosen tactics, venues, targets, etc.

3 - and vice versa on both the above

I'm not going to attack your fishing Newt so chew on a teabiscuit while I write this...

1 - Your fishing doesn't have to suit anyone but you....BUT....here's where I come to point

2 - If I think that someone or anyone's tactics or practices are dangerous, hazardous, thoughtless, pointless, stupid or just plain idiotic, I feel I have every right to belittle them, especially if they believe their methods are sound.

There are plenty of folk out there who are unwilling to learn or be shown a different take on things and that's only because they know everything about everything, or so they believe.

This is a public forum. If someone promotes a stupid or thoughtless idea, they have to expect a tirade of 'abuse' or 'advice' because bad methods have to be seen to be criticised, otherwise the casual angler or learner will think certain practices are OK.

After that, I don't care where anyone chooses to fish or what for.

3 - There is no 3. I made my point with No.s 1 & 2

The End... :)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

In fairness, Andy, I don't think that was Newt's point. Firstly I agree with what you have said. But I think that it is a fair comment from Newt that, as anglers, we sometimes tend to pour scorn on anglers whose interests differ from our own.

Okay, so anglers who wear bivvy socks, eat pizzas 400 yards from their rods, watch TV whilst a bite alarm does their angling for them, fall asleep and rely on bolt rigs, all wear 'realtree' uniforms, call their fish by various names, pay through the nose for their tackle because it has the right label on it, drain the national grid by plugging in all their gadgets, never smile in pictures of them and their latest 'victory', only fish by casting into the next county rather than moving their little green tents to the other side of the lake, use beach fishing gear to fish a small pond and regard all other fish as vermin, even denuding their fav water of all but chosen fish, do deserve a tad of comment on a regular basis. It keeps them on their toes yer know!!

Blimey, Peter, I never thought I'd see you attacking your fellow pikers in such a manner!

I have to bow to your greater knowledge but I can't help thinking you're being a bit harsh, mate.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I know what Newt's point was and for the most part I agree but there is more than one way to view his post, especially part 2.

I think I answered that point fairly, from where I read it.

Anyway....Newt's happy chewing his teabiscuit since he knows I wasn't directing any of that at him.

I was merely 'thinking out loud'.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Harsh? Never! Just a load of half truths and blatant lies based on guesswork and pointless predudice! Perhaps we need a 'wry smile' instant graemlin!

In hindsight I don't think that I was being harsh. My comments were venom free, and perhaps they go some way to explaining why there is a gulf between carpers and non carpers. They were basically a composite based on non carpers conceptions, and perceptions of carp anglers, and now, many pike anglers.

But there might be a whisp of reality in there somewhere, I wasn't far off the mark with reference to draining the national grid, was I?

[ 22. September 2005, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter Waller:

I wasn't far off the mark with reference to draining the national grid, was I?

Depends how much juice that fish-finder of yours takes, dunnit?

PINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

:D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

No longer will you have to wait for dawn Wordbender. These night vision goggles are what all the top carpers are wearing these days to spot those slabs. A mere snip at £549 from

http://www.essexangling.co.uk/carp-review.html#nv

Posted Image

[ 22. September 2005, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Andy Macfarlane:

Anyway....Newt's happy chewing his teabiscuit since he knows I wasn't directing any of that at him.  

Andy - I might be happy or insulted (as appropriate) if I had any clue what a teabiscuit was.

I remember a horse named Seabiscuit but no way would I have wanted to chew on him. Alive he was sorta mean and dead he would have been sorta tough.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Good grief, what a primitive country you live in, Newt! No tea-biscuits, no dunking of said biscuits in a cup of tea. Uncivilised is what I calls it, totally lacking in the finer graces of good living.

Dunking Rich Tea-Biscuits, sat outside of a bivvy, T.V. turned off, watching the mist rise over one's fave swim, is one of life's real pleasures.

Tis only bettered by the dunking of ginger nuts whilst consulting the screen of a fish finder, with a crisp morning frost upon your shoulders and a cloudless sky.

[ 23. September 2005, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]