Two Tone gets fatter

Peter M

SSSSSSTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Dont we all have a PB list?

If fishing for Two Tone or The traveller float peoples boats let them get on with it.

The angling world has bigger worries :

Last weekend the most type of litter tiedied up from Felixstowe beach was fishing line and the local media soon higlighted that.

And have the angling rags have to print something, have they mentioned the rapidly declining corm population lately??????

Round my way they are now deemed legal game by anyone with a shotgun, licence to kill or not!!!!!!!!!!

Wont be long until the birders kick off again.

On a LIGHTER NOTE if anyone fancies hooking a record RUDD I now weigh in at 203 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as opposed to 231 pounds some months ago as I have stopped eating boilies. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read earlier on this thread something about Dick Walker should have killed his record carp, like a 'proper angler'? wheres the sense in that, a good angler in my oppinion is one that respects the fish and does his/her best to look after the fish once on the bank and safely return it to the water, unharmed as soon as possible. so much for carp clinics, unhooking mats etc, why dont we just all take a metal bar?!?

steve.

MPDSU - In reply to your snide remark, YES I HAVE SEEN IT at South Cerney, Ham Pool. The "Carper" arrived with a Tackle Barrow, set up his bivvy, unfolded his four preset rods, took the one with (what I took to be) a spod and spent the next TWO HOURS casting ground bait out of a 300lb bag!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Then, Kleinboet, I, for one, apologise for doubting you.

300lbs, that's extreme, totally extreme!! The fishery owners must love blokes like that, fattening their fish up so more blokes will come and fish for them and yet more profit rolls in.

Africa has starving millions, yet in the UK some of us willingly pay out a small fortune to fatten other peoples' carp up. Strange world.

Steve - did you not see the ?

Dick Walker was an exceptional angler - and I would never imply otherwise!

As for the current methods of some carpers? well the pikers started it! :D

But it does seem daft that 'n' amount of anglers will claim the '?' record with '?' fish. Anyone with enough dosh could go abroad, buy a big fish put in a pond and catch it for a new British record (bit like the Trout world??).

If 'record' chasing rocks your boat then fine, but 'repeat' records do seem to devalue the list.

Maybe what's needed is a 'home grown' list and a 'new capture' list and even a caught overseas list??

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

kleinboet:

MPDSU - In reply to your snide remark, YES I HAVE SEEN IT at South Cerney, Ham Pool.  The "Carper" arrived with a Tackle Barrow, set up his bivvy, unfolded his four preset rods, took the one with (what I took to be) a spod and spent the next TWO HOURS casting ground bait out of a 300lb bag!!

Sorry Cleanbot :D but I still doubt what you are saying! Did the bag have "300lbs" written on the side? :rolleyes: Do you realise how long it would really take spodding out said amount? Have you ever tried spodding? Try it sometime mate - just for a little while and realise just how little you have used! You may change your opinion! :P

Jim Gibbinson:

Steve17, do you think a fish's welfare is served by repeated capture? I realise it's an exceptional example (leastways, I hope it is), but how often do you think Faversham School Pool's "She" has been on the bank? A hundred times? More?

Welfare or abuse? You decide.

If repeated capture is abuse, then fishing itself is abuse. How do we know how many times an unidentifiable fish has been caught from a managed fishery?

In some respects, it's example of successful welfare that a fish can be caught more than once, and gained weight in the meantime.

As for me, still waiting for my double :rolleyes::rolleyes: I'd be chuffed to bits if I managed to bank such a fish, no matter how many times it had been caught before.

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

MPDSU - How much G/B can you put in a spod? This "Carper" filled his spod every time and cast out, waited about 10-15 SECONDS for it to empty and then wound in, refilled the spod and then cast in again! He did this for two hours non-stop! I had a conversation with him, remarking on the amount of G/B he was putting in.

"I'm here for the weekend and I want the Carp to be feeding near MY rods" was the proud reply.

[ 24. September 2005, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Look Kleinboet, I think we'll have to agree to differ on this, ok? No good falling out eh? :o )

But there are one or two things I would like to know, if you don't mind? So please don't take this wrongly, as sometimes ignorance is bliss, innocent though it may be! But if you don't understand carp fishing, then things may appear differently to a general Course Angler/Pleasure Anglers eyes - if you see what I mean.

I would like to know, first of all, what you call 'groundbait' in this instance, because I don't know of any 'carper' that uses 'groundbait' in this way!

Pellets - yes; hemp & corn - yes; a nice sloppy seed mix such as red band - yes; vitalin - yes; the list could go on, but 'groundbait' as such would not be used in this way!

The nearest thing really that you will find to this is a method mix, but then this would not be used in this way! So could you please clarify?

..........and you still have'nt told me how you know it was 300lbs? ;o)