Two Tone gets fatter

Peter M

I don't fall out with anybody. I tried Carping a few years ago, but decided it wasn't for me.

As far as the ground bait is concerned, he kept that a secret, but there were a lot of particles in it.

I know that it was 300lb because he said to lift it on to his barrow needed a "bl00dy weightlifter as it weighs 300lb" He also told me he has used this method before with great success.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a ticket for Conningbrooke for last season :D Ask me how many times I caught Two Tone :D

I don't know any one strong enough to lift 300lbs of bait, or 300 lbs of anything come to that (almost 3cwt!)

A 25kg (approx 50lb) sack is pretty big and so you are talking 6 times this...you would not get that much in a barrow, I don't think a barrow of cement would weigh 300lbs

Moving a fish 1.5 miles away from its preferred place is not very nice is it??

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Argue with me if you will (could have been 3Hours?? I didn't have a stopwatch with me!!)

THIS to me is NOT the future of fishing and a number of waters are beginning to ration the amount of G/B you put in or worse, banning G/B altogether as too much bait in the water is hurting the fish as it goes "off" before they can eat it all!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I think you'll find mate, the rationing of 'groundbait' is aimed at the match 'type' angler who bung in copious amounts of the stuff! Carp fishing is a different ball game.

'Carp Anglers' do not, generally, fish such waters! You may find a few that are dabbling at such a place, but these, if they become more and more interested in carp fishing, soon move on to more suitable types of waters - i.e. ones that are'nt full of ignorant moaning anglers all the time because there are some people on the lake who fishing a different style to them!

[ 25. September 2005, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: mpbdsnu ]

In connection with the above, some may wonder exactly what a 'Carp Angler' is? Then again, many probably don't give a monkey's!

But one point I'd like to make is that I have some light rods at home that I might occasionally use for float fishing, perhaps I might sit by the cut or by a river, and catch a few roach - but this does'nt make me a roach angler!

Just thought I'd throw this in.........

In the August edition of IYCF it said that Jim Shelly put 400lbs (yes 400) of bait into his swim when bream fishing .

Suddenly 300lb doesn't sound like that much.......

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Jim, i apprechiate that repeatedly catching the same fish will cause it a certain amount of stress at the time, but if a fish say gets caught 1ce every 4 weeks, is going to become slightly accustomed to this, (anglers who have caught 'the biggy' at my local venue tell me it comes in with out a fight, like a big bream, or a wet sack). i also know of a few other similar instances locally reguarding repeated captures of big fish. i dont see this as abuse to the fish, and in terms of the fish's welfare is still better than being killed. After all we cant kill all the carp we catch just incase they grow into a record.

Sorry if i have missed the point entirely, it is quite late at night.

As for record chasing and fish weights, each to their own i guess, we all set targets, the time and effort some anglers put into catching fish such as two tone certainly deserve the rewards. not for me though im just happy getting a few bites, although a new P.B is always a + :)

[ 26. September 2005, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: steve17 ]

steve.